• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i now officially hate square enix

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently i have been playing my favorite RPG for snes, chrono trigger for about 2 days stright(rom version). soon enough(with the help of google) i came across this
yes, i dont know if this is old news or not, but theyve been making a chrono trigger resurrection, not sqaure enix, but some fans. this s probably one of the coolest fanmade games ive seen. unfortunately ive looked about it some more, and it mentions here that rather than hiring them or buying out thier game, square enix has shut them down. i cant reakky say anything more than this sucks arse.

Level 25
Old news

They're not the only group. Ever heard of Ocarina of Time 2D?

Shut down by Nintendo

But yeah, I've hated Square Enix ever since they ran the FF series into the ground after the joyful greatness that was FF 9, which was made after the medicore 8 and 7 (WHOAMAGOD I CALLED FF7 MEDICORE. I'LL CALL IT OK WHEN IT GETS A PROPER ENDING), which followed after the awsome 6, which came out around when the OH MY GOD ITS SO AWSOME IT BURNS MY EYES OUT Chrono Trigger came out

But yeah, 10 sucks. As does 10-2, and 11 is just too damn group-orientated

Level 7
:cry:

That's a shame...
Chrono Trigger is also my favourite game on Snes
That one would have been "dream come true" game
Curse one Square Enix! May it rot in this so called 'hell'

Level 9
i share the same opinions of Mecheon about Square

but FF12 is a masterpiece tough

Level 22
The technical reason for all this is that they feel that it will take future revenue away from them from future releases. Thats the "offical" reason. If you ask me, its bacause they got pissed that they got upstaged.

Take project revolution for wc3 for example. Blizz would be out of their minds NOT to hire that team and adopt that mod as an offical Blizz-endorsed game when it comes out...but how much you bet that'll get shut down (if it hasnt already)?. Companies have been doing this for a long time.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
Did the makers of those projects try to make money off of them? I heard that the reason behind the Zelda shutdown was because of something involving money. Personally, if I made some really popular game and fans made their own fan game based on it, I wouldn't care as long as the creator doesn't try to make money off it and gave credit to the original creator (for making the source of inspiration). If the game in question is of high quality, I'd try to hire the person.

Status
Not open for further replies.