• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need to make a unit spew fire with "Trap Side Fire"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I'm making this boss encounter, where 6 Kobold warriors stand by the side, spewing fire, using the "Trap Side Fire" doodad. However, I want this to happen every 10 seconds, and not every 3 seconds, as the animation of the doodad does. This fire needs to deal damage of course, which I think I know how to do, by just making a dummy deal damage to 3 small regions I've made outside of each Kobold warrior.

What I really need tho, is help with setting up the animation of this trap side fire, to be there every 10 seconds, and to be facing the right angle. I tried setting up a special effect with it before posting, but it didn't work, so I think I may have done something wrong, or maybe there are some variables I need to put in there, which I don't know of.

upload_2020-8-6_3-13-59.png

What was the problem with using special effects?

I would probably do a special effect every 10 seconds, having it deal damage every 0.1 or so while the fire is out and destroy the special effect when its waiting for the next round.
You set the rotation of the special effect by setting the yaw to "degreesToRadians(X)" where X is the orientation in degrees.

Level 4
What was the problem with using special effects?

I would probably do a special effect every 10 seconds, having it deal damage every 0.1 or so while the fire is out and destroy the special effect when its waiting for the next round.
You set the rotation of the special effect by setting the yaw to "degreesToRadians(X)" where X is the orientation in degrees.

I think it might be because I used "Roll" and not "Yaw", + I just used "Degrees". I will try out your suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.