• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trap Fire {how to trigger damage?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was searching some topics about the "Trap Fire" deal damage, and I found this:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/trap-damage-188308/

I did this, but the problem is, the trap fire disappears and appear again, and OF COURSE the person will just pass when it disappear...
But the damage deal even if it disappear (its just the model)

So, is there a way to deal damage just when it appear?

Would be easy if there would be a trigger to add doodads, but there is just destructibles, because I could just... E.g Do a trigger that every 6 seconds of the game spawn the doodad "Trap Fire" at region and deal damage, so wait 3 seconds and remove it and stop damage...

Level 3
Sorry, but what is Dummy?
With Dummy I can add Doodads?
If yes, would be excelent!

Level 13
Dummy is a unit,not doodad,you can change the model of the dummy into DOODAD(Trap Fire too),i give you this trigger.
It is quite simple.
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of Region 000 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 300.00 at (Center of Region 000 <gen>), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Level 3
There is a little problem, the unit don't appear in game, just in the editor. In the game just causes damage, but it don't appear...
Ah, and if I stay in the region that deal's damage, I just take damage one time...

Level 3
No, I want do what you show in the trigger, do damage when the Trap Fire appears (because he appers and disappears) it's a question that the person will probably pass when there is no fire to take no damage...
You did this to me, but the problem is, the model of the dummy don't appear, the trap fire in-game it's just invisible, but in the editor I can see it...
I know that the triggers is working, because when I pass in the region I take damage, I just need solve the problem of the dummy, that I can't see the model...

Level 3
The problem is... It never gets synchronized, you know...
The animation start in a random point, and sometimes it deal damage when the fire is not appearing...
Ok, this is too complicated XD I will change to other thing..

By far the simplest and easiest way to get the synchronized fire is to Create regular fire every 3 seconds (A dummy that looks like fire, Not the Trap fire, Just regular fire) and damage surrounding units. Then give it a Half-second expiration timer.

This is a No-Brainer guys.
If you need me to elaborate further just ask and i'll whip up a test map for you.

Edit: I went ahead and made one anyways.

Attachments

• TrapFire.w3x
    8.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.