• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to damage all units on the map that have X buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I made a simple fire wall spell, it makes some dummies with the fire trap model, i set their animation speed to 0% and it looks pretty nice but how can i make the units near those dummies get damaged? I don't want to use spells like blizzard or rain of fire cause i want its damage to scale with caster's intelligence (about 1x intelligence of caster each sec the unit stays near it) so I just gave the dummy the rain of fire ability (with no damage, just for the buff) and ordered it to cast at its origin and gave it a buff called "Burning". I want to make a trigger that damages every unit on the map every 0.1 sec that has the buff "Burning", dealing 0.1 x caster's intelligence. How can i do this? :vw_wtf:

Last edited:
Level 7
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Accuracy ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
1. Don't forget to remove leaks
2. When casting the spell use variable unit and set it to casting unit then replace the casting unit in loop actions with the variable unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.