• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Breath of Fire -> Curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is there a way to cast breath of fire on units and have their chance to hit when attacking be impaired for... 10 seconds?

(I'm making a breath of fire where the missile launched is dust)

Level 4
Anyone got an answer about how to trigger this? (It's more like breath of sand than fire)

Level 7
ul need 2 spells
breath of fire
curse(undead)unit)
ul need 1 dummy unit
And one trigger
(haha In WE) not one trigget
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Acid Bomb
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 900.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Triggering unit) has buff Acid Bomb) Equal to (==) True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Banshee - Curse (Picked unit)
im kinda fked up ... its just roughtly to show u what u need to do...
clear leaks use unitgroup hash variable etc clean that too ... point variable hash ... clean that too

Level 10
I can think of 3 different approaches to triggering this:

1. Easy but inefficient and inexact: use Breath of Frost instead. Use the event that the hero casts the spell, wait a short duration, then pick every unit in the map (or in a radius from the caster) on the condition that they have the buff placed by the modified Breath of Frost spell. Then, order a dummy to Curse every picked unit.

2. Easy but requires an additional system: have the hero only cast a dummy spell that does nothing but targeting. Then, at the spellcast event, have a dummy unit cast the real Breath of Fire from the position of the hero. Using a damage detection system (such as the one I have in the Spell section :cwink: ), detect when that dummy causes damage; these will be the units hit by the Breath of Fire. Have another dummy Curse them.

3. Complicated but has no other requirements: trigger the wave spell, by indexing (tutorial here) each spellcast and periodically moving a point in the direction that the spell was cast and picking all units around it. Then, have a dummy unit Curse the picked units.

I'd suggest deciding on one of those approaches, and then giving it a try. If you can't figure it out, ask us again here for advice. :csmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.