• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need more "BAMM" in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The map I have some problems with is called "system fight" it was a bet me and my friend had.
I told him that I can make a playable in less than 2 hours mapping time.
I did!!! The idea is:
Three teams (Windows apple Linux)
You can chose a system in the beginning (xp 98 95 minimac mac book air suse depian ubuntu etc. ) then you walk around in the map and you have to kill (just one hit) an other player or the main system (that is of computer control)
Then you can buy items like (downloading firefox or hacker tool) so you get better. You have also some spells and so on. The terrain is changes in every new game round random and also the point you need to win, then there are 8
Different game modes you can choose. And there are quests you can activate so you get special items.

My question is there anyone how has an idea how to get more "power" more "fun" in the map??

The bet is over and know I´m trying to make the map better so if you help me I would be glad

Level 2
How can I upload it?
Its not finished there are some problems with quest but I will upload it IF I KNOW HOW

Level 9
Sir Duhd excuse me for giving you a wrong link, I even posted an unfinished map myself there (then I deleted it)

I tried your map.

First of all you should choose better models for the players. Don't try to make them look like the computers, base your choice on how the computers are: Apple computers are reliable and almost imune to viruses, then they should look defensive and "of the light side", then for example a Paladin would be perfect to represent them.
Windows simply controls the market, it can have a lot more programs than macintosh, but it's more vulnerable. It should look like someone weak but with a lot of tricks (a mage, or better the Tinker).
Linux is something free and represent the total liberty of the cyber space, then it should look like a shade, or something "home-made" (an abomination, a golem)

then change the terrain and put some more decorations! (Even if you put some trees it could look "technologic")

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok thanks, but that were nearly only grafic thinks do you have any idea what could be added (In my opinion there is missing something that makes the map mhm don´t know how to say it, make you feel that you haev to play it again) if you kno what i mean?
I will think on the spells, that i change them a bit so they stack to how the sysems are

thanks for help

p.s. how can I delete the map again from hiveworkshop?

Level 12
Check My forum for balancing ideas

Another thought is
Masses vs quickness vs Mana Watching
-Creating armies
-Targeting each unit one by one to kill them with a semi auto finger of pain spell
-Making sure you don't run out of mana...

Making the spells look epic is also kinda important unfortunatly....

I don't really feel like thinking much right now.... but there are certainly things you can do...

Tactics are important to fun maps...
Also Making Certain Heroes Get better in certain situations... like...

The More Dead bodies the more you can make them reborn into linux summons
The More Trees around the better off windows is

etc....

And Making Spells Look Epic... like SLow Giant Fireballs and such...

Level 11
Usually those who make posts when they are sleepy, they get to delete it, because they don't like what they wrote, believe me :thumbs_up:
HorizonTal said right, but I'm away from Warcraft and can't view your map, perhaps I could give some ideas/ideas/ideas if I would know what is going on in your map. To upload any map you have to click "Go Advanced" button and use that window that will open to manage Images Uploaded and Maps Uploaded. Go Advanced is also used to write smiles, but you can study/remember some smiles' scripts to write without entering Go Advanced, like : thumbs_up : Sure, I remember it and can use at any time.
P.S. And what is there on your avatar? A nude man swimming in a pool or "a pink apple on the ground"?

Level 12
I will try to change some things like you said

Thanks

Themes will Change....
Songs Will Change.....
COlors will CHange.....
Looks Will CHange...

But Gameplay.....
-Its all Just Physics.... Laws.... Science.....

Help me out figuring out everything Porfavor....

Status
Not open for further replies.