• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Ideas for my new Map Expansion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi guys... I need some good brains here :sad:
My map was doing good and climbing those top 20 most downloaded map chars was easy, but it is getting a little "dry".
You can find the map here. It is about killing bosses and finding epic items, you can save your heroes, buy new items from the stores, battling others in the battlegrounds and so on (more about it in the description). The map was doing amazingly good and all I was doing was making new bosses, but now it needs more than that!
--Things I will like--
  • Professions (I cant think of good professions not done in WoW)
  • Special crafted items (like Sulfuras from WoW)
  • Special Events (like invasions or protecting a city)
  • Ideas about cities and characters
  • Special Quests

--Things I won't accept--
  • New Bosses (More bosses wont make the map more interesting)
  • New Classes (I think 9 classes are enough for now)
  • New Battlegrounds
  • Model Changing (I like the current models alot)
  • New Storyline Ideas (I have ALOT of those in the works :) )
  • Imported Files (The not optimized map is 10mb...that answers it)

I hope anyone will take a look at this thread and will lay his ideas under my post :) . All your work will be appreciated and you will be.... +repped if that is so important to you.
Thank You!

Level 6
special crafted item:
God's Blunderbuss.
Hell's Scyth
Gentlemens Rapier
Saviours Longsword

City Ideas:
the pier model can be used to make wonderfull walls, stack em one on top of the other with about 40-60 Z spacing between em.
there is an Inn model that makes a beutifull farm.

Special Quest:
PT1 Hidden Ruins. there are some ancient ruins (like the halo 2 ruins that looked like they were from medieval fantasy) and there are a bunch of creeps pouring out of them. find out why. (this leads to the secound part of the quest.)

PT2 Library. massive library stretching like 3 stories wide that stores a ton of ancient knowledge, search around for clues and hints to the location of important books. in it you learn of a special magical super-conductor and the third part to this quest.

PT3 If I had a Superweapon... Basically a massive fight agains Demi-Bosses to get to the main Boss who is trying to releas the massive magical energy stored in this giant spire (wich is the superconductor) to kill everyone. kill him save the world get home for lunch.

Level 8
I am not sure I fully understand the story, but I will give a go at a suggestion for a character.

Raleal Freinze

An enemy or a friend? No one is sure. All we know is that, in his hideout underneath the (whatever you call the HUB with the portals) he can tap into the very power that souls exist upon, and, in exchange for a large amount of (those medalion thingies), he can unlock a heroes full potential.

Basically, when you go down into his lair, he will offer to unlock 'your full potential' if you give him medallions. It is up to you what 'full potential' is. My ideas:

- Some kind of ultimate ability that is added to the hero. It differs from hero to hero. It has one level and is slightly more powerful than the other abilities.

- Increases the hero to level 15, giving him the power to learn those abilities he couldn't at the start of the game and those extra stats.

It should be noted that his true intentions are unknown, just like his allegeance. This can become a risk in the deal with Raleal. If you accept, you could get a permenant negative aspect too, such as:

- Raleal's Curse - makes you miss your attacks/silences you after you cast a spell. This is permanent.

- Legacy of Freinze - during some form of event, your hero takes more damage from enemy units.

However, if you want to add the negative aspect, you might want to add the ability to challenge Raleal to lose your 'full potential' and regain your medallions. Challenging Raleal would mean that a) your unlocked potential will be sealed again and b) Raleal will demand more medallions next time or refuse to help you completely. If you die when fighting him, you will not get your medallions back.

If you feel this idea doesn't suit your map, or you just don't want to use it, don't make a song and dance - just don't implement it. There are plenty of maps out there that can use it, so I won't start crying.

Thats pretty much it.

Level 5
:O Amazing! The idea of risking resources is just brilliant. Giving him something in exchange of a fight for an item is great. And if you don't won't to fight him you get the item for more resource. Hit me with more great ideas dude! :D +rep

Level 9
You could use the WoW proffessions as a rough idea for example enchanting. The name could be used and that it has something to do with magic and possibly excisting items are enchanced, but.

You could make it so that it has little to do with the way it works in WoW. For example in WoW materials are gained by disenchanting other items. This can be changed so that for example materials are gatherred by hunting down spirits and elementals and harvesting their remais or binding their power into something.

If you could enchant a weapon it could only last for specific amount of strikes until the effect fades.
The profession could work more like a magical engineer, a magician that conjures all manner of useful gadgets. But to keep it away from WoW engineer aswell, it should concentrate more on other kind of things than the classic engineer would. No need to keep it mechanical and semi-plausible. Now that it's about magic everythings possible, just use imagination at this point!

How does that sound?

Level 31
Crafting Items : Nightmare Septer.

Profession : Biologist - Create Biological Infections, Units, Potion, ....

Technologist : - Create Technological Units (bots), Weapon (Guns and things like this), Drugs (Such as Stimpack like in Sc2), ...

Searcher - Can search Stats and Abilities from a boss. Example: (didnt play ur map but here is an example) --- there is a boss, the Searcher press Search and click the boss, it will says: Type : Tank. Stats: Slow but Strong Attack, Slow movement. Abilities : Stun, Shockwave, War Stomp, Slash, ... (understand what i mean)

Status
Not open for further replies.