• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need help Again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, and i need again help, im planing to make a Castlevania like map Just The idea. The stat based spells all work fine But I could need help how the creeps Give 100 xp if i kill them, it ried nearly all events but i dont get it(how they revive ive found self out:grin::grin:)

Level 24
First off, 100 is a lot of exp. The default amount of EXP you need to gain a level is increased by 100 per level, with only 200 EXP required to make it from level 1 to level 2. After that, you need to earn 300 EXP (in addition to what you already have) to get to level 3, 400 more EXP to get to level 4, etc. So 100 is a lot.

On to the explanation, as far as I know, creeps give EXP based on their level. Before modifiers (such as the Hero/level EXP%, or the presence of multiple heroes, etc.) that EXP amount is 25 per level. So, in theory, a level 4 unit killed by a single hero will earn that single hero 100 EXP.

Of course, that's before modifiers. The modifier identified easiest is the one that dictates how much EXP a hero at a specific level will get, IE Hero XP Gained - Creep Reduction Table. If you want hero EXP to be nice and tidy, above all else, make the only integer in that field 100. The field Hero XP Gained - Normal, Table is (or is supposed to be) how much EXP per level is given (before the modifiers).

Finally, EXP is divided evenly between the heroes present, so if there are 2 heroes present, and the earned EXP is 50, 25 of that EXP goes to each hero. Also, if the option is not disabled, fully levelled heroes will still be given a portion of the EXP from a kill. This is speculation, but after the hero "receives" the EXP, it is put through the modifiers based on the hero's level, leaving you with the pitiful little 13 or whatever.

That's all of my knowledge on hero EXP gain, although I'm sure I could gain a considerable amount by messing with the other Hero XP Gain fields.

Level 4
Please Don't use that 100 Xp is a LOT, u can change that in advanced gameplay bla bla bla So And i need the Trigger I JUST SAID EXAMPLE omg

Level 24
A few things:
  • I get that you were just throwing 100 out as an example, I just wanted you to know that it is a lot. Also, notice I said default, meaning I know that you can modify it.
  • You said "tried all events", not that you wanted a trigger. Also, if you had tried every event and nothing worked, why would you still want triggers?
  • I just dug up a lot of information for you, you could at pretend to appreciate all the work I went through typing that.
  • I don't know anything about triggers. You could disable all EXP gain, and then trigger it to add EXP to heroes within a certain range of the dying unit, but again, I don't know how to do that efficiently. If you need it to be a trigger, under Generic Unit Event, there is an event A unit dies.

Level 4
A few things:
  • I just dug up a lot of information for you, you could at pretend to appreciate all the work I went through typing that.
Gj.. i won't care. Anyway ur post wont help me so stop posting plz...Im making an map with Many levels, Creeps to farm and more So Later is ''100 xp'' Not really much! I will ignore your next posts Because sure U said u don't know much about triggers so I will ignore them the reason is: Theyre helpless..

Level 24
  • under Generic Unit Event, there is an event A unit dies.

• That doesn't help? You said in your first post that you couldn't figure out what event you needed. If you'd like me to go ahead and just make a simple trigger for you, I could.

Also, I told you how to do it without triggers, even if you need to think for yourself a little. Are you sure that doesn't help either?

Level 6
Thats the Right Direction

• Give Exp
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Dying Unit is Equal to YourCreep
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in Range of Dying Unit
        • If Picked Unit-Type Equal to Hero
          • Hero - Add 100 Exp to Picked Unit
Okay the Trigger should look like this, i'm not sure if it is correct, no WE to look it up.

Level 4
Thanks for helping im gonna check it out

Edit: Hmmm This wont work.. btw what the hell is that Custom script? Looks like jass (lol) btw its impossible to get that Unit Group - Pick Every Unit in Range of Dying Unit

Last edited:
Level 27
If you want all creeps to give your hero (for ex) 100 exp each, just use the trigger to decrease EXP RATE to (example) 25% and give all creeps level 1. Just do this until you've got a percentage on which all level 1 creeps give 100 exp when killed.. Coudlnt you do it this way? Unlike making a trigger for each creep type you kill.

Level 4
Thats possible, The only thing is I >Won't< Understand that with heros get higher than lvl 5.. I know advanced-> Gameplay Constants but then I wont know how it continiues I tryd search it but i wont get it my comptuer is german thats why I never can find it I hear it the whole time In English

Level 24
I >Won't< Understand that with heros get higher than lvl 5.. I know advanced-> Gameplay Constants but then I wont know how it continiues I tryd search it but i wont get it my comptuer is german thats why I never can find it I hear it the whole time In English

Creep Reduction Table is its English name, maybe put that into an online translator. Its default values are 80, 70, 60, 50, 0, this should help you find it even if you don't use an online translator. The first value is the EXP percentage for level one (so if something gives your hero 10 EXP, your hero will only receive 8 EXP, or 80% of 10). The second value is the EXP % for level two, et cetera.

Level 24
Yes, remove the 0. Replace it. Do whatever you want to it. As long as you know that any time there is a 0, heroes stop gaining EXP from creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.