• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im preety new to Warcraft III, and i just got into modding and stuff. i need some help with my map.

Im trying to change the winning conditions, For example, in order to win, you must kill an NPC/Creep.

What im planing on doing, is setting up 4 players, and in order to win you must kill a very hard custom boss creature.

I also want to find out how, i can change a unit weapon model.

Level 3
well unfortunately you can't CHANGE the unit's weapon file.what you can do is add a weapon to an unarmed unit.find the weapon in the models section
also to create a win condition: (sorry for not using trigger tag but i do quick reply)

Events

Unit - dies

Conditions

Unit - dying unit equal to "select the boss"

Actions

Player Group - pick every player in players matching matching player is an ally of owner of killing unit equal to true and do actions

Loop Actions
Game - Victory picked player show dialogs show scores.
try playing with the events.this way the player and his allys win.

Level 33
You CANNOT change a Unit's Weapon Model, however, you CAN remove the weapon and exchange it with OTHER custom-made model weapon, swords, mace, axe, etc
Search through Hive on Model section, there should be some model/unit that is WITHOUT weapon (this can be done in Vexorian's Map Optimizer [I'd think, or... other tool], to remove the unit's weapon model)

As for the trigger...

• Win
    • Events
      • Unit - Boss <gen> Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Victory (Picked player) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
This trigger could be used if your "Win Subject a.k.a The Boss" is pre-placed on the map
This also saves trigger time as it doesn't use Conditions to perform the entire functions
But IF The Boss is NOT placed at the start of the game (he appears right after you opens a gate, blah blah, he is summoned, etc) you MUST use bloody_mage's way and it requires a Condition

I'll help you tag the trigger to make others feel more comfortable watching it ;D

• Win
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Unit - Dying unit equal to "select the boss"
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Victory (Picked player) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

Level 2
(this can be done in Vexorian's Map Optimizer [I'd think, or... other tool], to remove the unit's weapon model)

No, obviously Vexorian's Map Optimizer optimizes the map. Removes useless things or makes the map size smaller, this also includes the protection of the map. If you want to receive the 'Vexorian's Map Optimizer' click the cool spoiler below :

[RAINBOW]Click ME[/RAINBOW]

You can remove the unit's sword (for example the sword of a footmen) by opening the .mdx (Model File) of the unit into a Model Editing program such as 3DSMAX or MilkShape. You can extract the .mdxl of the footmen by opening the program known 'Warcraft III Viewer' that looks for the 'war3.mpq' of your Warcraft III, don't worry, everyone has it when you have Warcraft III.

You can find more useful tools in hive or other websites by just going to the upper-left hand corner of your screen, you can see the button text called "Tools" next to "Spells", click it and you'll find what tool you need.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.