• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need help adding stuff on a unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
well i have 2 problems i prefer GUI cuz i find jass to complicated, and the WE GUI is too limited.

so what i want is: is there a way to add more triggers to WE GUI

if not, is there a simple way to add life / armor / dmg / resistance to a unit when a spell is casted and remove it after a given amount of time with jass? i checked all the triggers in WE (normal one) and there is nothing that allows me to do this.

thank you in advance and i do prefer GUI i so if its possible to add id greatly appreciate it but i will accept jass help too

Level 8
This is even not possible with Jass just with Workarounds
e.g. you have to create dummy things to add
:fp:if you want to increase life u must add hp tomes via triggers
:fp:if you want increase armor/dmg/resistance u need the 3 Itemabilities (armor/dmg increase and resisance)with loads of levels in a hidden spellbook and then level them up/down via triggers
u do this in unit-set level of ability

also i would learn JASS/ get vJASS(JNGP) to make a high quality efficient map in GUI it's not possible to code like in JASS
Also if you know JASS coding things will be much faster and easier for you
it's like a baby 1st it moves on 2 arms and 2 feet and if it gets better only on 2 feet which is much more easy

Level 2
well i saw rps had it like sotdrp (only one my bro plays i dont really like rps) and if you do with tomes isnt it impossible to remove it later?

Level 10
try inserting a negative value, i never tried it but it prob works, also its possible in GUI, adding the abilities saia_djinn stated, u can use Run trigger and before it set a variable so it can run like a JASS function, but in JASS since there are functions its much easier to use JASS. sorry for bad grammar :p il think of more solutions afterwards

btw almost 90% of JASS stuff is possible in GUI, but it just gets much less efficient.

Level 2
k ty i went in properties in WE and saw some interesting features (one of them being the enabling of negative values) it said there are some bugs with it and it causes crashes ty for the info (im stupid to overlook such an obvious thing :cry:) and if u want me to add your name in credits just say so im glad to add anyone who helps me (and if i do this my name will most prob be at the bottem i ask too much help :xxd:)

Status
Not open for further replies.