• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[JASS] Need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, i am here because i need the help of a JASS expert in my map. I understand GUI and MUI but i have trouble understanding and using JASS. My map is becoming to much big because when i make a spell, to make it Multi playable i need to create that same spelll for all other players. it's like having the same spell 12 times which takes 12 times more space ... an anyone help me with JASS in my map ?
What i really need is to convert all my GUI spells into a JASS multiplayer form. I know how to convert them in JASS, but i don't know how to make them Multi playable...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use locals and handle vars (or simlar effective systems), thats how everyone makes their spells MUI with jass.

I recommend looking at some of our great jass tutorials before trying, they can really help and remember, locals are your friend so try to use them over globals. Without seeing your spells we can not give you more detail, though other members might explain to you other usefull hints that they use to make their spells MUI.

Thx for replying. You see i do have knowledge about vars and locals. problem is about how to use them. The problem with my spells is that they use various functions and as you know, locals only work inside 1 function. And yes, i am reading all your JASS tutorials. I can put here one of my most basic spells of my map. One that i have problems fixing because it only applies to one player. I tried to fix it by using the stack system described ion one of your tutorials made by wyrm in the GUI section, but i was unable to understand the process and i don't even know if it is applicable to all methods. I will try to post it here so than perhaps you can help me. BTW if you do help me, i will put your names in the credits section ... i just think it is better this way.
I also don't like posting my spells here because i fear people can steal them =S. But i will do it asap.

Anyway here is my spell, this one is a very basic spell of my map:

1st trigger:
  • Sheep 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sheepaclysm
    • Actions
      • Set Sheepaclysm_Caster = (Casting unit)
      • Set Sheepaclysm_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Trigger - Turn on Sound1 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Sound2 <gen>
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Sheepaclysm_Caster) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphFallingSheepArt.mdl
      • Unit - Hide Sheepaclysm_Caster
      • Unit - Create 1 Flying Sheep for (Owner of Sheepaclysm_Caster) at (Position of Sheepaclysm_Caster) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Set Fyling_Sheep_transformer = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Make Fyling_Sheep_transformer face Sheepaclysm_point over 0.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change Fyling_Sheep_transformer flying height to 400.00 at 250.00
      • Wait 1.00 game-time seconds
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Sheep Power !!! above Fyling_Sheep_transformer with Z offset 0.00, using font size (Random real number between 10.00 and 20.00), color ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 1.25 game-time seconds
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Fyling_Sheep_transformer) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphFallingSheepArt.mdl
      • Unit - Kill Fyling_Sheep_transformer
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Unit - Create 1 Super Sheep for (Owner of Sheepaclysm_Caster) at (Position of Sheepaclysm_Caster) facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Set Sheep_1 = (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change Sheep_1's vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Order Sheep_1 to Move To Sheepaclysm_point
      • Wait until (((Region centered at Sheepaclysm_point with size (400.00, 400.00)) contains Sheep_1) Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Sheep 2 <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Animation - Change Sheep_1 flying height to 0.00 at 450.00
      • Wait 0.75 game-time seconds
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of Sheepaclysm_point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Sheepaclysm_Caster)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Sheep_1 to damage (Picked unit), dealing 135.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Kill Sheep_1
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Sheepaclysm_point using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Environment - Create a 2.00 second Temporary crater deformation at Sheepaclysm_point with radius 400.00 and depth 100.00
      • Environment - Create a 3.50 second Depression ripple deformation at Sheepaclysm_point with starting radius 400.00, ending radius 800.00, and depth 100.00, using 1.00 second ripples spaced 50.00 apart
2nd trigger:
  • Sheep 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Super Sheep for (Owner of Sheepaclysm_Caster) at (Position of Sheepaclysm_Caster) facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Set Sheep_2 = (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change Sheep_2's vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Order Sheep_2 to Move To Sheepaclysm_point
      • Wait until (((Region centered at Sheepaclysm_point with size (400.00, 400.00)) contains Sheep_2) Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Sheep 3 <gen> (ignoring conditions)
      • Animation - Change Sheep_2 flying height to 0.00 at 450.00
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 450.00 of Sheepaclysm_point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Sheepaclysm_Caster)) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Sheep_2 to damage (Picked unit), dealing 135.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Kill Sheep_2
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Sheepaclysm_point using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Environment - Create a 2.00 second Temporary crater deformation at Sheepaclysm_point with radius 400.00 and depth 100.00
      • Environment - Create a 3.50 second Depression ripple deformation at Sheepaclysm_point with starting radius 400.00, ending radius 800.00, and depth 100.00, using 1.00 second ripples spaced 50.00 apart
3dr trigger:
  • Sheep 3
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Sheep_3 = (Last created unit)
      • Animation - Change Sheep_3's vertex coloring to ((Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%, (Random real number between 0.00 and 100.00)%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Unit - Order Sheep_3 to Move To Sheepaclysm_point
      • Wait until (((Region centered at Sheepaclysm_point with size (400.00, 400.00)) contains Sheep_3) Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change Sheep_3 flying height to 0.00 at 450.00
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Sheep_3 to damage (Picked unit), dealing 135.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Kill Sheep_3
      • Sound - Stop SheepDeathSwim1 <gen> After fading
      • Sound - Stop SheepWhat2 <gen> After fading
      • Trigger - Turn off Sound1 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off Sound2 <gen>
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Sheepaclysm_Caster) using Abilities\Spells\Human\Polymorph\PolyMorphFallingSheepArt.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Sheepaclysm_Caster) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
      • Unit - Unhide Sheepaclysm_Caster
      • Unit - Set life of Sheepaclysm_Caster to ((Life of Sheepaclysm_Caster) - 200.00)
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
These are the main triggers of this particular spell.
NOW YOU can see why i need help !!! plz !!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.