• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] The true usefulness of a JASS! Answer me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Jass is really a something very difficult of being made. I prefer create triggers by GUI! :roll:
In agreement with the Tutorial of Daelin, a lot of things can be made by JASS... but, i want to know if have things that can be done only by JASS, or if JASS is only another way to create triggers.
I know that multi-instaceableability can be done only by JASS, but, the only thing that JASS can do and what GUI is not able to do is this?? :?
If have other things that can be done only by JASS, tell me please!! :wink:

Level 12
- Timers is another advatage that Daelin speaks about in his tutorial.
- Also local variables but maybe that goes under multiinstance-ability.
- Perfect working pick-matching-units or pick-random-N-units functions. The GUI versions are not to trust. They often pick wrong number and wrong targets and they leak a hell I think. With JASS you can simulate such functions so that they work prefectly correct. I tried to make a spell some time ago (Vexorian knows which he he) and it wasn't very advanced. Its' main purpose was to pick N matching units and I very often got non-matching and wrong amount of targets picked. But worst of all, this spell sometimes cased the game to crash or my computer to freeze. After that I never trusted those pick-functions again. Now when I knew some JASS my spell works perfect. I will upload it soon I think.
- Lightnings with Z coordinate.
- If trigger regists more than one event you can detect which event that detected something.

There are suerly several other advatages with JASS but those are the only ones I know yet.

Level 6
yeah but there is something i found.... i tried to put two jass spells in my map, both made by leopard... they use different custom scripts there for one spell works the ot her doesnt i have been trying to find a way to place both custom scripts into one but that cannot be done... so how can this be solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.