• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Need an Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm finally going to start making spells again this weekend. I need a good idea for a "come back" spell. Any ideas? I had so many ideas a while back, but I went back to them couple days ago and I realized that they weren't very good.

~The_Raven

Level 3
I can't think of any very good ideas myself, but if you don't mind, could you throw a few of the ones you had out here? There couldn't be any harm in doing so if you're not going to use them.

Level 9
Sure :lol: :

Blink Spell Pack:
Shadowed Form - Hero goes transparent and his shadow moves very fast to the target
Dimensional Teleport - Like my Wormhole spell. Same idea.
Flying Blink - Hero mounts jetpack and flies up, off the map and lands at the target.

Hunter of the Emerald Dream:
-
*Nightmare (Single Target) - Creates a shadowed form of the target. upon casting, the player is asked whether he wants it to detonate, dealing a percent damage to the target unit or use the form as a normal summoned unit.
Demoralizing Strike (Passive) - Gives a X% chance that the Hunter's attack will drain morale. If a unit's morale reaches zero, it will leave the map.
Ultimate Despair (Single Target) - Causes the target unit's morale to sink to zero, causing it to leave the map. (The unit goes to the edge of the map and disappears.)

Harbinger of Justice:
*Balance the Scales (Non-Targetable) - Summons random non-peasant units of yours to the Harbinger so that the number of your units is equal to the number of enemies in the area. Buildings do not count as enemy units.
-
Righteous Fury (Aura) - I have a name but no spell :lol:
*Blind Faith (Non-Targetable) - Remake of the already existing spell

Miscellaneous:
Curse Item - Targets an item with a curse. The next unit to pick it up will have something bad happen to it (not sure what). The curse lasts for X seconds or until it is picked up.
Neutral Fusion System - A fusion system. All creeps will be classified as an elemental force. Fusion will be determined by the level and element of the two creeps.
**Cloak of Nature - Turns the unit into a critter that is under your control but appears Neutral Passive to you enemies.
*Gaia's Forest - Creates a forest at the target point. The forest grows a couple trees at a time, but will stop if casting is interrupted. The growth is different every time. There is a function in the JASS section that would help with this, but I have never bothered...
Future Attack - Target a unit to launch an attack at it. The spell has no channeling or casting delay, but the attack doesn't occur until a few seconds later.

*I might still do it.
**I do not think its possible.

~The_Raven

Level 3
The_Raven said:
Sure :lol: :
**Cloak of Nature - Turns the unit into a critter that is under your control but appears Neutral Passive to you enemies.

**I do not think its possible.

~The_Raven

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be hard at all. Just remove the target unit and place a mechanical critter (like the one at human's shop) in it's place. It's a bit more complicated if it's only temporary, but still shouldn't be too hard.

I've also gotten an idea:
Stackable aura. Nothing fancy, just, perhaps, an aura that adds one extra armor to all others in range.

Level 3
The_Raven said:
The thing is that the morphed unit should still be able to be controlled by the player - like a spy.

~The_Raven

You are describing the mechanical critter exactly.

Level 16
This is something I was going to do, but because I utterly suck at making and removing dummies, you could make some slowing freezing frost nova based of Undead Building death art, then create a flurry of death coils and Nether Dragon SFX and cluster Rockets

Vague enough until it works!

Level 5
I was going to do these spells but with the card game I’m working on I don't really feel like it right now.

Psychic Hammer - Using Dragonspawn's Fly trick and the Aerial Shackles ability, The unit is swung over the head of the caster in a large arc. When the unit hits the ground on the other side it deals AOE damage and stun to enemies around it.

Psychic Swing - Another aerial shackles ability, Swings the target around the caster for 6 seconds, if the target hits into any other enemy units the swing stops and the unit(s) he hits into get pushed back. Damage to the target depends on how many units he hit and a fixed damage to the unit(s) he hits.

Level 4
HURRAY!!!!

Raven! Why didn't you ask me for a spell idea!? I usually have great ideas for spell makers. So anyway... here are my ideas! :D

Spell Name: Cross Acid
Levels: You Decide
Description: I once requested this spell to Daelin, he worked hard, but couldn't do it, so he had to post pone. I am now opening it up to anyone who reads this post.
The Casters Fires acid into 8 directions (north, south, east, west, northweats, ect.). Air units hit by the acid are permanently ground. The acid flow going in the direction of the hit air units stops. If the acid flow doesn't hit any air units it slowly drops to the ground landing on any ground unit. Ground units hit by the effect are slowed, and take damage over time, and lose armor. Units killed by the acid do not leave corpses, but leave a puddle of acid which damages nearby units. Good luck! :shock: :D :lol:

Level 11
Haha... nice nice Tao. If you can do it Raven you are very good. Umm, I came with an idea too.

Vertigo - Affects the balance of an unit making it move into the oposite position every time it must execute an order. The unit also cannot cast spells during the period of the spell and has reduced defense. ;)

Level 9
Cross Acid? Sounds like fun. :lol:

Do you mean that it moves in an arc and can only hit either ground or air units at any given time?
Does the acid keep moving after it hits a unit?
Do you mean that the air units are webbed permanently?
How long do you want the ground units to be affected for?
Should it be an ultimate?

~The_Raven

Level 4
Heh, so you're going to try and make Cross Acid? Awesome, I though of it while walking to school on a foggy day. Anyway I hope you can do it. Feel free to PM or post any idea requests. I Will be there to help you! :D

-Yes the spell should be an ultimate.
-The acid flow stops if it hits an air unit.
-The air units are webbed permanently.
-You decide duration for balancing purposes
-The acid flow does shoot out as an arc. It shoots into the air, then falls to the ground.

****Special Thanks to Daelin, without him, I wouldn't be even trying to make ideas.

Level 3
i was very disapointet of many leap spells i have seen and so i request one that makes units with any kind of model jump in an arc ( about 45 - 60 degree start angle) perfroming a attack or move animation and than land again. the spell should detect if any cliffs are passed and not have that laggy animations, plz.

Level 3
?

Spell Name: Cross Acid
Levels: You Decide
Description: I once requested this spell to Daelin, he worked hard, but couldn't do it, so he had to post pone. I am now opening it up to anyone who reads this post.
The Casters Fires acid into 8 directions (north, south, east, west, northweats, ect.). Air units hit by the acid are permanently ground. The acid flow going in the direction of the hit air units stops. If the acid flow doesn't hit any air units it slowly drops to the ground landing on any ground unit. Ground units hit by the effect are slowed, and take damage over time, and lose armor. Units killed by the acid do not leave corpses, but leave a puddle of acid which damages nearby units. Good luck! :shock: :D :lol:

I can do that, and I may try it. Only question I have is when you say flying units are ground permenantly, do you mean it like they are stuck the ground, and can't move, or become ground units?[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.