• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

I need all icons in warcraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need them at all because I want to change theirs forms to make other forms. Most icons which have been avaiable in WE just have one form. Like Chain Lightning, Storm Bolt,... They couldn't become other forms (passive, auto, upgrade,...) by changing their paths. So, I often use ButtonManager to make other forms of them. However, I can't find so many icons on web. Could you up for me a web that can be used for downloading all icons in warcraft III?
Thanks and +rep for all!

Last edited:
Level 25
You will need to learn how to edit icons a bit - it's as easy as adding new layers to already existing pic. A good program for that is gimp, which is a free software. You would also need to download icon border pack (as name suggest, this contains various borders for wc3's icons).

Then you open your icon in gimp and also open in it the icon border pack. Then you just choose which icon border should be visible and which should not be used at all.

Save the image, convert it back into .blp, import in your map.

------
Alternatively, you could use W3IR to add borders (though imo doing it via gimp is faster and easier once you grasp what to do)

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Learn how to use W3IR then :D. Or if u cannot, there is a pretty cheap way to do it.
Step 1: Since u are Vietnamese like me and using Yahoo, try to capture a picture of that icon (xài gửi ảnh chụp màn hình ấy) (remember the size is 64x64). Then save it as JPEG or JNP file in any folder that u can easily access.
Step 2: Use Button Manager (which u can easily found in Hive's Tools) and open the picture u just taken then edit it. The Button Manager is very very easy to use.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Well, if it is me, I use W3V to extract and change the type of file from blp to something else if I want to edit the color, irfanview to edit the pic and button manager to create border :D. That's all. However, since he doesnt know how to use W3V, I suggest an easier method for him which allow him to edit the border of the icons :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.