• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

i making a trigger and im stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
BlinkStrike
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Unit Speed master
Actions
Set TempLoc00 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Smoke for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Volcano for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Attacked unit))
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempLoc00
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc00)
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoMissile.mdl

my trigger doesent show dummy unit i mean the effects ::::S what i done wrong ?

the thing its gonab e 1 effect on start of ability and 1 effect on the target :S

and the spell is based on death coail and death coil missile is the unit .... and i dont see the unit move as missile fast :S either whats wrong :S

Last edited:
Level 17
  • BlinkStrike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Unit Speed master
    • Actions
      • Set TempLoc00 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Smoke for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Volcano for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Attacked unit))
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempLoc00
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc00)
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoMissile.mdl

That is trigger tags.

You create the dummies in middle of playable map area.

Level 19
omg what u mean i gona put the effects on the first line?
or what u mean = i want this.....

when my hero cast this spell.....
a first effect on the unit there he is first..... then an effect on the enemy.....

can u show me the trigger just O:

Level 11
I understood nothing from your trigger and I'm very sorry. I'd be pleased if you just tell me what do you want to trigger. For example:
"I want a stone rock spawn on the place of a gold rock when gold rock dies."

Oh, wait! Ralle is going to post here..
EDIT: No-no.. he just read it.. So??

Level 17
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\FlakCannons\FlakTarget.mdl
Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Attacked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Volcano\VolcanoMissile.mdl

Here's your problem. You've never defined who (picked unit) is, you do that by using the "pick all units" command. Also since no unit is attacked, but targeted by a spell, (attacked unit) isn't going to work either. Use (casting unit) or (triggering unit) for the unit that casts the spell and (target unit of ability being cast) instead.

Also in conditions you should use the condition "ability being cast is equal to (Blink Strike)" since now it is going to trigger for all the spells that unit-type will cast.

To create the special effect at the point where the caster is first, you will need to create the effect before moving him. just move that command up.

Level 11
BlinkStrike
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Unit Speed master
Actions
Set TempLoc00 = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Smoke for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster Volcano for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing (Position of (Attacked unit))

Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to TempLoc00
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc00)

my trigger doesent show dummy unit i mean the effects ::::S what i done wrong ?

the thing its gonab e 1 effect on start of ability and 1 effect on the target :S

and the spell is based on death coail and death coil missile is the unit .... and i dont see the unit move as missile fast :S either whats wrong :S

You have problem with the event. And the first 2 sentences I oversized at the quote create your dummy units at the position of playable map area and they face the casting unit. Get it? You might not see the center of the map - where you spawned your units - because of fog.

The other two oversized sentences in quote have wrong event returner/response. They return value that is not even get by the trigger (check your events). You have to separate the fourth oversized sentence to other trigger and make the event for that trigger : "Unit- A unit is attacked"

Any questions?..

EDITEDITEDIT: oh and there's one thing with ordering units - they can't take out order INSTANTLY, you have to wait at least 0.01 sec!

ANOTHER EMERGENT EDIT: in third oversized sentence, you Picked no units, pik them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.