• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Life of a Peasant] I just need help with the title (and other things)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi! I'am really new in Hive (a few minutes) and first of all, sorry for my bad english. I'm not sure
if it's good or bad, but you understand.

Obviously I have a map proyect for a LOAP, but, unlike many others, you aren't the LORD.OF.EVERITHING. (ejem. exactly like a real peasent of the middle age, ejem.) in this LOAP you are a REAL NORMAL PERSON,
or at least that's what I'm trying to do.

You're a normal person, trying to earn gold. It's in Beta on the version 0.00000001, but i have an amount of ideas.

The point is i'm trying to do the basics first. Talking about this concept. Do you know a good name,
that represents that is different from the average? IF you want to know more, just ask me, and I have more questions, but first to the first. If I have answer, i'll ask other things. Thanks everywhere :grin:

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hey man welcome to the Hive! Off my head, i would give it a name such as "Get rich or die trying". So people could just try see who can be the richest in the LOAP. If you need anymore help feel free to ask me. Seems like an interesting idea. My interest is definitely peaked. Good luck further with it.

Level 11
Hi and thanks!
I will probably ask more questions, so you will be informed about my progress. Regarding the name, it is a good idea that I will probably take (I thought no one would respond, but here we are, and I quite like the name) thank you for responding, and I assure you that when I finish (if I manage to do it) you will have a place in the credits . I know that this is a very nice forum and I am somewhat surprised of the support that I have been receiving since my first messages.
Thanks again, goodbye and good luck

bethmachine

Banned
Level 8
Hi and thanks!
I will probably ask more questions, so you will be informed about my progress. Regarding the name, it is a good idea that I will probably take (I thought no one would respond, but here we are, and I quite like the name) thank you for responding, and I assure you that when I finish (if I manage to do it) you will have a place in the credits . I know that this is a very nice forum and I am somewhat surprised of the support that I have been receiving since my first messages.
Thanks again, goodbye and good luck
Hey man its always a pleasure. Hive isn't as active as it used to be. The old days was the best days. But best know I'll have my eyes on this ideas progress. And thanks for the space in credits.

Level 14
Do you plan to have permanent death in this map?
Do you plan to have a realistic style or a fantasy style or a sci fi style?
Do you plan to make as much content as possible no matter whenever it makes sense or not?
I think that it is likely that you will have no way to increase stats because else it will end up being as usual with one guy gunning down the entire city(or even more silly smashing down the city with his fists).

Level 11
Life of a REAL Peasant?

Some Suggestions:

Perhaps, make it like a team game where it takes all the peasants to rebel against the king if they want to.

You could also blend in some FOTN stuff.

Additionally, perhaps allow them to become knights who can then eventually force the Magna Carta onto the ruler.

Level 11
Do you plan to have permanent death in this map?
Mmmmm...that would be more realistic, but I'm not entirely sure, probalbeely yes, but you could be resurrected, leaving a temporary cadaver after your death, which with the indicated ability can be resurrected.
Do you plan to have a realistic style or a fantasy style or a sci fi style?
This is difficult to explain, as you can see there will be fantastic elements, but limited by logic and reason, being more realistic than fantastic. I do not know how to explain myself clearly, I'm sorry.
The game takes place in a fantastic medieval age. As i say, all the content in the game will have a sense adjusted to the logic of a world a little less fantastic than Warcraft, only having humans and some groups of magicians.
Obviusly, you can't increase your stats,except through weapons and armor, which in any case are not powerful enough to guarantee you can defeat more than one City Guard. (one of the most powerful units, which counts as possible work, but in a city there is a large number of them). Also, I am thinking of adding a system of wear of objects, which ruin the objects after excessive use.
Perhaps, make it like a team game where it takes all the peasants to rebel against the king if they want to.
Mmmmm... The rebellion against the king is a giog idea, but the teams are a fundamental in this game.
In spite of the battles in the battle arena, or the city bandit-guard confrontations that I have planned, there are special invasion or defense events, in which the formation of teams is fundamental.
Example a rival city attacks yours, and a mandatory event begins in which all players, in collaboration with soldiers controlled by the AI, must perform different tactics and follow certain orders, without which defeating the enemy army would be very complicated, either that if a withdrawal is not made a part of the army will die, or that if the bridge is not properly defended, the axis will have a free path to the city. All these are ideas that I can change in any case, after all, I just started the map and almost nothing is finished.
About FOTN,I got a little inspiration from him, but that's an excellent example of Life of a OP peasent, in which you end up being the mayor of a city and destroying calamities and dungeon creatures

Level 14
This is difficult to explain, as you can see there will be fantastic elements, but limited by logic and reason, being more realistic than fantastic. I do not know how to explain myself clearly, I'm sorry.
The game takes place in a fantastic medieval age. As i say, all the content in the game will have a sense adjusted to the logic of a world a little less fantastic than Warcraft, only having humans and some groups of magicians.
Obviusly, you can't increase your stats,except through weapons and armor, which in any case are not powerful enough to guarantee you can defeat more than one City Guard. (one of the most powerful units, which counts as possible work, but in a city there is a large number of them). Also, I am thinking of adding a system of wear of objects, which ruin the objects after excessive use.
You want a combination of verisimilitude and low fantasy?(and the use of the trope magic as science or something like that: I think if I did seek it on tv tropes I might find it only 10 years after dying of old age)
(there is words for everything)

Level 11
Something like that, yes. There are several stories in which some realism is maintained, these fantasy factors being mere additions, instead of a central aspect. The only thing is that magic and science, will be separate things, so that they may or may not mix at certain times, as for example, in an alchemical potion (alchemy is the science version of chemistry in the middle ages) with certain magical properties, established by anyone who could do it. Is a bit hard of explain

Level 14
Something like that, yes. There are several stories in which some realism is maintained, these fantasy factors being mere additions, instead of a central aspect. The only thing is that magic and science, will be separate things, so that they may or may not mix at certain times, as for example, in an alchemical potion (alchemy is the science version of chemistry in the middle ages) with certain magical properties, established by anyone who could do it. Is a bit hard of explain
The Magic as science thrope basically means that there is rules for magic that makes sense and allows to predict approximatively its effects provided you know most of the parameters of the situation(like physics) and allows people to study magic and not just "that guy can sometimes do x for no reason" or "x happens because magic and no matter what you do you will not have results similar in any way nor be able to predicts the next stuff".
If magic is fitting my description of "magic as science" then it is definitively a part of the field of physics because physics is about studying the rules of the universe and trying to get models that can predict situations which were not studied while creating the model.
Science is not about technological gizmos and once magic starts respecting some properties it necessarily becomes something that can be studied and parts of physics.
On the other hand having Magic not mix with technological gizmos is possible even if you use the magic as science trope(the classical "it heats stuff and emits loads of electromagnetic rays so it makes most stuff that is not a lump of metal stop serving its intended purpose").

Tldr: Science != Technology and you used the word science while you meant technology

Last edited:
Level 11
Here the confusion seems to be generated by ... Some reason. As I knew it, and as always the glimpse at hand of many other people who believe the same as me (science and magic collaborating with each other, and entering the terrain of the other). However, now knowing, this criterion seems to make much more sense, and be more accurate and useful. Using this criterion, yes, it is definitely a "scientific magic" (I do not know how to name it) in which there will be certain rules and fixed properties.
You must be tired of hearing this but (continue with the repetition) Merry Christmas

Level 11
Sorry, bad news. Sadly I must admit that, for now, I do not have enough knowledge or patience for this project, so I will leave this LOAP for some other time, and I will take the opportunity to create another post explaining my new project, something simpler and more interest
Edit: Sorry for bethmachine
Edit 2: I forgot to add the link. https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/faction-wars.312495/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.