• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with some ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone, im making my first serious map, and its really working, im just laking imagination.
The basic idea would be something like Blood Tournament (its not a very famous map). There are 2 teams, players from 1-6 are team 1, players from 7-12 are team 2. They start with 10 gold and a worker in their shared base, with their current gold they can only build 2 "Futmen", each of these buildings represent 10 footmen (units). After 80 seconds the battle begins... all buildings create their represented units and they go to fight in the middle of the map against the other team. There will be lots of heros, but first i wanna make the basic stuff... now, what i need help in is in the ideas, if u download the map u'll see that each base has a fountain (well, not yet, but that's the idea, each base will be just leik the other). I still dont know what would be the main aim of the game, either to destroy the fountain, or win X consecutive times a battle... What do you think?
Another thing i don't know, is where to put the taberns to pick heros...
Thnks for the help :grin:

Attachments

• Epic_Black_Wars.w3x
    12.8 KB · Views: 300
Level 7
a interesting goal would be to control the battlefield for 5 minutes for example. (the battlefield should be the center where all the units head too where they spawn, and by controling i meen that no other enemy unit should enter that battlefield for 5 minutes, if it doesn't then the team who controls the battlefield wins.

the taverns should be usually putted on one of the corners (top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right)

Level 8
Interesting. So its an AoS, but the players pick the creeps that spawn through building spawn points? Good idea.

Human Line
Barracks: Trains soldiers
Blacksmith: Trains soldiers and riflemen
Workshop: Trains soldiers, riflemen and siege engines
Purely a strike force. All round units.

Orc Line
Barracks: Trains grunts
Troll Hut: Trains grunts and headhunters
Beastary: Trains grunts, headhunters and raiders
Lacking in seige but good in speed.

Undead Line
Crypt: Trains ghouls
Temple: Trains ghouls and necromancers
Slaughterhouse: Trains ghouls, necromancers and meat wagons
Very weak, but the necromancers can raise additional ghouls. Meat wagons can supply corpses too.

Night elf line
Ancient of War: Summons archers
Ancient of Wisdom: Summons archers and druids
Ancient of Life: Summons archers, druids and ballista
A ranged team with high attack and low health.

Blood elf line
Lab: Summons engineers
Sanctum: Summons engineers and sorceresses
Observatory: Summons engineers, sorceresses and spellbreakers
A support team. The engineers have bash, the sorceresses critical strike and the spellbreakers that human tower mana burn ability - mana break i think.

Level 7
Nice one, havent thought of that... thought i would make it kinda diferent. Lets supose that i am player 1, and i have 50 troops in the battlefield, blue was just defeated and his in his base, so he sends a single footman to enter the battlefield... i dont kill him in time and plop, my combo of 4 minutes is over...
On the other hand, my main idea was to, every 30 seconds of the game, to create the units, and when all enemies are killed, then the wining team returns to base... And now that i think of it, the idea of the army is that its not controlled by the User, that way he's forced to fight... The footmen are spawned as Wards...
A posible simmilar idea could be to make a very very strong building in the middle, just like Hero Wars, when its destroyed it drops an item wich prevents the enemies from earning gold when they kill a hero, just like The Aegis in DotA...
And thnks for taking the time to read and reply this thread =)

Edit: @Jsprat100, didnt read ur reply, later ill come by and reply to it :p

Post edit: K Jsprat100, really liked ur ideas, thnks a lot, only that itll be one building per type of unit...
Again, thnks a lot :grin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.