• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Amatsu - Need some Ideas Before I Continue Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Amatsu

The Story...

Two groups of travelers find themselves trapped in a town covered in eternal nightfall, succumbed with the energies of the dark, the dreaded Amatsu. Each of them bearing the curse of the Mikaboshi. Only one group can find their way out. It's a race against time and the surmounting evils that await.

Ok so the story is a bit short and all but I guess it will be improved eventually.

Amatsu is 10 player map each team having 5 players. The main goal is to capture certain points/strategic locations on the map. Each point is guarded by powerful enemies making life harder for both teams. To win, all points in the map must be captured simultaneously by a team.

The time of day is set to 0:00 and I don't know about the tile set yet but I do want to simulate an ancient Japanese environment with a lttle dark feel to it. Graveyards ghost and what not.

This is the basic concept and I want your ideas on this. Like any suggestions, any improvements in this kind of map (if ever it has been made before) and anything you can add to make it funner and as of now it needs a lot of those stuff. So~ thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Level 7
well i don't think this map was made before... ok here are some comments :

1.hopefully the map will not be in japonese (unit/spell descriptions etc...)
2.2 groups? i don't get it...1 group contains 3-4 players and the other the same...and they follow the same storyline or another one...?

Level 10
well i don't think this map was made before... ok here are some comments :

1.hopefully the map will not be in Japanese (unit/spell descriptions etc...)
2.2 groups? i don't get it...1 group contains 3-4 players and the other the same...and they follow the same storyline or another one...?

1. Well it definitely will not be in Japanese. I just want to simulate the ancient Japanese feel in the appearance of the map. The heroes are basically orcs, humans, etc. Just think of Amatsu as a town that came out of no where and then suddenly a bunch of heroes from Azeroth get trapped and so on.

2. Well basically there are two opposing teams. In each team, 5 players can play the game. Each team has a goal of capturing all the points, they must race and battle to capture each point for their team. The curse of Mikaboshi is a fancy and I think good representation of:

Only one team can win. Who ever loses will be doomed to stay there for all eternity. Something like that.

Sorry if I confused you more than you already are and thanks for the comments, really appreciate. I do look forward on any other suggestions.

Level 10
hmm now i get it :D ty :D

and how can you get points...?

look at Blaxor's post, that should explain a lot.

As for capturing the points, you just have to let your hero stand there without moving for 10-15 seconds to capture it. But I'm thinking about making a channel spell that targets the point to capture it. When you move or get stunned the channeling will stop and so will the capturing.

How I've understood it you don't get points.. you capture some strategic position (that's the points that need to be captured) and what not and if your team is holding all positions simultaneously, your team has won.

Yup yer right that's exactly what I meant, I should have included that in the post sorry.

Level 2
Strategic Points, Zones, Areas, what he means is certain spots can be captured and held, and when all positions are held simulataneously, that team wins. At least, with my interpretation of it.

If so, I think that certain locations could be used to bolster stats, damage, abilities, even an army and whatnot. For example, say the NorthEast corner contained an 'Armor Boost' bonus and an 'Infantry' bonus. One could take both points and have extra armor and be able to field a small force. Strategic Points would become more diversified and specialized depending on the settings of the game, say from 5 areas to 10 or so, so capturing and holding some of the points would be critical to an overall strategy. +Armor and +Health could be used to make your heroes and units more tankish, but at the expense of having to deal with a large force and a +Damage counter if you left another side undefended.

I would like to see some custom models, skins, and spells in this game, because if you decide to go through with it, it could be a rather interesting and exiting game. I can come up with spell ideas, just not code them, as well as hero ideas, backgrounds, abilities, etc. Terrain would play a big role, and one would need many models of ruined houses, overgrown streets and castles (realistically scaled, of course), plenty of doodads, but within a meticuously planned gamefield.

Whisper me ingame at Deminion. if you need me (that's deminion(period)), or PM me here. I'd be happy to help and get onboard this project. :D

-Dem

Level 6
Get haunted areas. Baptize them. First team to get 5 areas wins, second one can still move on and kill the other team but will have a hard time since they'll have more enemies to fight.

About the areas. Maybe a school(boss in area is a young child that got raped), a graveyard(boss is a woman that got raped), the mayor's mansion(boss is the mayor), the city hall(boss is the mayor's wife), an old temple(boss is some ghostly god), a giant gate that was said to be the gate to the heavens(boss is another ghostly god), heaven in a not literal way(boss is another ghostly god), mt. fuji(boss is amaterasu's ghost), inside of mt.fuji(boss is jimmu tenno), and finally hell(boss is some unknown entity that makes the ghosts appears)

So that's it, they need to get it in order right?

wait, i misunderstood the strategic points part.

Anyway, just make areas have some ghosts in it appear every 6 seconds, so it'sa challenge. first team to get 5 wins, cause it's almost impossible for a team to get all strategic points.

Level 10
Strategic Points, Zones, Areas, what he means is certain spots can be captured and held, and when all positions are held simulataneously, that team wins. At least, with my interpretation of it.

If so, I think that certain locations could be used to bolster stats, damage, abilities, even an army and whatnot. For example, say the NorthEast corner contained an 'Armor Boost' bonus and an 'Infantry' bonus. One could take both points and have extra armor and be able to field a small force. Strategic Points would become more diversified and specialized depending on the settings of the game, say from 5 areas to 10 or so, so capturing and holding some of the points would be critical to an overall strategy. +Armor and +Health could be used to make your heroes and units more tankish, but at the expense of having to deal with a large force and a +Damage counter if you left another side undefended.

I would like to see some custom models, skins, and spells in this game, because if you decide to go through with it, it could be a rather interesting and exiting game. I can come up with spell ideas, just not code them, as well as hero ideas, backgrounds, abilities, etc. Terrain would play a big role, and one would need many models of ruined houses, overgrown streets and castles (realistically scaled, of course), plenty of doodads, but within a meticuously planned gamefield.

Whisper me ingame at Deminion. if you need me (that's deminion(period)), or PM me here. I'd be happy to help and get onboard this project. :D

-Dem

Wow I have to say, you have pretty neat ideas and I'm starting to get more Ideas on this map.

Plus armor/hp/damage when a team captures a point is very unique idea, I like it. And maybe to balance it the bonuses will be in intervals, like every for five seconds a captured point(right now I'm thinking about calling them areas) will give an aura that gives +armor, then it dissapears for 5 seconds, then it reappears again. This could be a way for players to strategize, something like that

So right now I need get some members for the project then and of course you are most welcome to be part of this :D

Get haunted areas. Baptize them. First team to get 5 areas wins, second one can still move on and kill the other team but will have a hard time since they'll have more enemies to fight.

About the areas. Maybe a school(boss in area is a young child that got raped), a graveyard(boss is a woman that got raped), the mayor's mansion(boss is the mayor), the city hall(boss is the mayor's wife), an old temple(boss is some ghostly god), a giant gate that was said to be the gate to the heavens(boss is another ghostly god), heaven in a not literal way(boss is another ghostly god), mt. fuji(boss is amaterasu's ghost), inside of mt.fuji(boss is jimmu tenno), and finally hell(boss is some unknown entity that makes the ghosts appears)

So that's it, they need to get it in order right?

wait, i misunderstood the strategic points part.

Anyway, just make areas have some ghosts in it appear every 6 seconds, so it'sa challenge. first team to get 5 wins, cause it's almost impossible for a team to get all strategic points.

Well it doesn't have a specific order, the main goal is to just capture all the points. As for your ideas for the bosses, you seem to have some knowledge about japan. More than I do I assure.

I'll take your Ideas into consideration. Like I said, I think I need to recruit some people now. To officially start the project. If you do want to join the project you're most welcome.

Thanks for both your Ideas :D

Level 6
just remembered some stuff during asian history. anyway, i would love to help out.

I've been thinking of stuff on how the surroundings would look. and it's pretty good so far.

(i'm not saying i can make a terrain. i just can visualized something that looks good in a japanese oriented game)

Last edited:
Level 10
just remembered some stuff during asian history. anyway, i would love to help out.

I've been thinking of stuff on how the surroundings would look. and it's pretty good so far.

(i'm not saying i can make a terrain. i just can visualized something that looks good in a japanese oriented game)

Wow great!

So tell me about the surroundings you're visualizing. It'll help a lot.

Last edited:
Level 2
If I may... a japanese/asian stuctual enviroment to actually fit this game would be one, maybe two central cities with many large houses clumped together, but with an asian feel. White plaster walls, high windows, curved roofs, etc. In the outer parts, plenty of pagodas (Large temples with more than one story in which the bottom story is the largest and from there each succeeding layer is smaller. The curved portion of the roof would be visible between each story.), ruined stone roads (created from smooth, round, darkish-white stones), and plenty of overgrowth (willow trees, large oaks, etc.). One would be hard-pressed to make an asian enviroment without custom models, so I would suggest you "Request a Resource", and make sure it 1) Fits, and 2) Blends in rather well with everything else.

I can help create the basic gameplay enviroment, what with the strategic areas and pathing. Other than that, I couldn't do much without custom models. ;)

Level 10
If I may... a japanese/asian stuctual enviroment to actually fit this game would be one, maybe two central cities with many large houses clumped together, but with an asian feel. White plaster walls, high windows, curved roofs, etc. In the outer parts, plenty of pagodas (Large temples with more than one story in which the bottom story is the largest and from there each succeeding layer is smaller. The curved portion of the roof would be visible between each story.), ruined stone roads (created from smooth, round, darkish-white stones), and plenty of overgrowth (willow trees, large oaks, etc.). One would be hard-pressed to make an asian enviroment without custom models, so I would suggest you "Request a Resource", and make sure it 1) Fits, and 2) Blends in rather well with everything else.

I can help create the basic gameplay enviroment, what with the strategic areas and pathing. Other than that, I couldn't do much without custom models. ;)

So I guess the project has got a terrainer? Well the custom models are a bit of a problem. I have found some Japanese styled buildings here at the hive but they could only go so far. So I will request a resource and if its possible give me pictures of the structures and what not that need to be made. I will also do my own searching on the net as soon as I can.

I'll be posting this project at Map Development so that it'll be officially started. I'm looking forward for this projects development. Thanks for yer help :D

EDIT: OUCH this Idea is kinda, well paused for now....I don't think I can make a map, with all the school and so~ yeah. But I'll continue when I have time...grrrr I hate terraining

(Having Ideas for ORPG too~)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.