• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I have a map in progress, and I'd like thoughts on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Sorry about the title, I couldn't think of anything better. And I'm almost certain it isn't what drew you to this thread, but oh well. So, here goes...

What is it?
This map is based around the classic dungeon-like stuff of Blizzard's MMORPG, World of Warcraft. It is also based around the characters on said game that I, and some good friends, play.

What would set this apart from other dungeon maps?
Apart from the WoW-driven storyline I haven't fully thought of, there are some key aspects I think will be unique. Right now, for example, I'm developing the single player version of the map. Why single player? I felt a map revolving around my favourite character needed flavour. Such as several pieces of boss music; recordings; and the epicest bossfights I can make.

Recordings?
As in, voice acting. And (hopefully) humorous voice acting at that. The antagonist, Ellia Firecrow, could be described as a combination of GLaDOS/Richard when it comes to humor. One line I'd hope would be notable is when players first come across lung corroding gas, where said antagonist would announce something like: "Oh look, an ominous gas that destroys your lungs. Oh well, I'm sure you don't need them anyway..."

What about the player, then?
The player takes on the role of mercenary/law bringing organization Guardian, a diverse bunch of misfits. Their leader is a Paladin, Haru Dawnrose, with subordinates involving Death Knights, the more popular one being Andra; the overly Holy opposite of the antagonist, Ellia Icecrow; and several other characters belonging to the actual guild in WoW. All of which will, eventually, have their own voice.

So I've read this far without turning away, now tell me how complete it is?
From the time of creating this post, not very. A sizable chunk of the map must be made, and with the Alpha testers hungry for something to play (People from the guild), I've had to focus on content lately.

I'm excited now, I guess. So what can I, the humble viewer of this post, view to rate said map?
I can offer the mostly incomplete map, in Alpha stage, for your hungry eyes. No doubt there will be bugs. 0.31/0.4 should be attached to this post for your viewing pleasures, and for telling me what you think of it. An important part (for me) is that the map is also unprotected, and never will be, meaning people can review my triggering and such to either learn something, or help me with my lousy ability.

So, thank you for reading and please do comment on the map idea, or the map it's self if you so wish.

Attachments

• TEF 0.31.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 12
"...gas that destroys your lungs. Oh well, I'm sure you don't meed them..."
ASDFGHJKL! OMZG! TYPO!

I think the font is a bit too big.
I second that.

So essentially, it's a plot-driven single-player map which has voice recordings. Coolio. But I've still got a question, is it going to be campaign or an RPG?

And lastly, what's it called?

Level 5
I haven't finalized a name yet, but if you look in the signature, you'll see what I've called it so far.

Oh, and yeah, I'll reduce the size in a bit (and fix that typo), since I'm off to do other things. o/

Still, good feedback so far! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.