• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] I dont know how....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I dont know how to do this:
"Custom Spells
To make a trigger launch with a custom spell you will have to look at the 'Order String - Use/Turn On' and make sure it is the only occurence on that unit, else more spells will be launched at the same time. When selecting the ability / action, instead of choosing preset you choose function, then Conversion - Convert String to Order and write the Order String in that field.

Unit - Order (Some Unit) to (Order(Some_Spell_Name)) (Target unit of ability being cast)"
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...orials-279/making-any-spell-autocasting-6255/
Can you tell me how please?

Level 33
So, you have a problem with Locust Unit casting Certain Spell ?
Haha I've got that same problem too when I was new with World Editor
The tutorial is long to even understand
Suggestion: You would have to download any maps involving the usage of Locust unit and see how they use the Locust Unit to cast spells
Experience is the best Teacher. ;D
Good Luck

What Ralle suggests is that whenever a unit has two abilities with the same Order string, they will be casted simultaneously. If you get the Thunder Clap ability and then copy paste it, in order to make a custom one, then, if you place these two abilities on a unit, and you cast one of them, both will be cast, since they share the same order string. Order string is an internal id (although id's refer to integers, every string order in Warcraft 3 is translated as an Integer equivalent), which fires the effect of an ability and it counts both as "Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability" event, but it also fires the "Unit - A unit is issued an order with no target" (both example events have to do with the Thunder Clap ability).

To check what Order String an ability has, go to the Object Editor, Abilities tab, go to an ability and scroll to the field: Text - Order String - Use/Turn on. That is the string (string is a "text" (letter-typed), while integer is a number (digit-typed)) which fires that ability.

So, since abilities that bear the same string and get placed on the same unit collide with each other (functionally), the only abilities that you can have on the same unit and gives you the ability of altering the order strings are Channel, Charge Gold and Lumber, Spell book. Every other ability, even if you have the Order string altered, they will still collide. Those 3 abilities will not collide with each other, if they have their base ID changed (For the Channel ability, you will change the field "Data - Base Order ID").

Level 3
Thank you pharaoh;
How can i make a trigger like: Unit - Order (Some Unit) to (Order(Some_Spell_Name)) (Target unit of ability being cast)
Ordering that custom spell?

Last edited:
Level 5
Think you can't order a custom spell to cast, but you can however order the spell on which your custom spell is based. For an example:

if your spell is based on Chain Lightning(Order Targering a Unit):
  • Unit - Order (Your Unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Target unit of ability being cast)
if your spell is based on Shockwave(Order Targering a Point):
  • Set ShockwavePoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
  • Unit - Order (Your Unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ShockwavePoint
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ShockwavePoint)
if your spell is based on Thunder Clap(Order with no Target):
  • Unit - Order (Your Unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
Hope it helps:)

Level 3
I think im hard headed, those triggers helped indeed, but i mean, i dont find the way to write something EXACTLY like that without using jass.

Status
Not open for further replies.