• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I could use a nice map name...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Hi, I'm currently working on a map, the terrain is done(it was pre-done, actually - some guy on WC3C offered an AoS terrain so I took it straightaway because it really did look good and almost exactly how I wanted it), all "creeps"(you know, units that spawn and go to the other base) are done, and 1 out of 6 heroes is 75% done(only lacks an ultimate). In case you didn't got it yet, it's an AoS map. So I would need a fitting name for it.

Some info about the map:

The 'story' takes place when the Undead scourge decide to invade the dwarven lands of Khaz Modan, because of a recent rumor of an ore found in the mounts of Khaz Modan by the name of Thorium. This ore could be used to forge extremely tough metal, and both races - Dwarves and Undead - want to use it for their own needs. The resident Trolls and Nerubians took this situation for their own advantage and are now selling various items and are hiring various mercenaries for the dwarven and undead armies.

Screenshots:

Entire map view:

AoS_MapScreenshot.png

Dwarven Outpost\Base:

AoS_DwarvenBase.png

Undead Outpost\Base:

AoS_UndeadBase.png

Dwarven Units:

AoS_DwarvenArmy.png

Undead Units:

AoS_UndeadArmy.png

Ice Troll Mercenary\Item dealer(Dwarven side):

AoS_TrollCamp.png

Nerubian Mercenary\Item dealer(Undead side):

AoS_NerubianCamp.png

Heroes:

Dwarf:

Thane:

AoS_HeroDwarvenThane.png

Offensive\support role - abilities are focused on inflicting damage to masses of enemies(creeps) and on supporting nearby units.

attachment.php
1. Warcry: The Thane shouts out a loud warcry, boosting near allied forces damage and defense.

icons_6676_pas.jpg
2. Moralizing Aura: The units around the Thane gain morale and inspiration from the presence of their Thane, boosting their damage.

attachment.php
3. Lightningstorm: The Thane channels to bring forth a powerful lightning storm, damaging units in an area.

attachment.php
Ultimate - Name: Description.

Battle Priest:

AoS_HeroDwarvenBattlePriest.png

Offensive\anti-hero role - abilities are focused on inflicting high damage to heroes.

attachment.php
1. Name: Description.

attachment.php
2. Name: Description.

attachment.php
3. Name: Description.

attachment.php

Paladin:

AoS_HeroDwarvenPaladin.png

Defensive\"tank" role - abilities are focused on absorbing high amounts of damage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Undead:

Skeletal Marksman:

AoS_HeroSkeletalMarksman.png

Ranged offense\anti-hero role - abilities are focused on inflicting high damage to heroes.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wraith:

AoS_HeroWraith.png

Mystical\offensive role - abilities are focused on inflicting high damage to masses of 'creeps' from afar.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Skeletal Ravager:

AoS_HeroSkeletalRavager.png

Defensive\'tank' role - abilities are focused on absorbing high amounts of damage.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So what I'm asking for is a name for my map and perhaps an idea for Thane's ultimate. +Rep and credits will be given, thanks in advance!

Attachments

• WarcryThane.JPG
    WarcryThane.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 815
  • LightningstormThane.JPG
    LightningstormThane.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 793
  • TempIcon.JPG
    TempIcon.JPG
    3.9 KB · Views: 729
Level 4
-Armies of War-

-Secrets of the Thorium-

-Chains of Northrend-

-Unbreakable Forces-

-Honor of Crime-

Level 4
Thane's Ultimate

Storm Wrath - Thane storms a unit, dazing the enemy unit for 10 seconds. Any damage given during the effect of this ability will heal Thane for the double of the damage given.
Any damage wont cancel the effect. (Cooldown 1 min.) :thumbs_up:

Level 15
Thorium Gulch
Thorium Clutch
Thorium Wars
Blood and Ste... erm, Thorium!
We Need More Thorium!
Thrium Conflict
Blight on Khaz Modan
Scouring of Khaz Modan
Scourge of Khaz Modan
In Search of Thorium
Battles of Khaz Modan
War at Khaz Modan
War of Khaz Modan: Thorium and Scourge
Death and Thorium

Thane's ultimate:
Invocation of Khaz (Ultimate) - channeled. The Thane calls to Khaz'goroth the Earth-Shaper, ripping and wracking the ground around him. Slows all enemies in 500 radius by 50% and deals 50 damage per second. Each tick of damage has a 10% chance to stun an enemy unit for 1 second. Lasts 10 seconds.

Level 49
Trillium, I really like the following:

Blood and Ste... erm, Thorium!(How about just "Blood and Thorium"?)
Blight on Khaz Modan
Scourge of Khaz Modan
War of Khaz Modan: Thorium and Scourge(perhaps: War of Khaz Modan: Thorium and Death? Or, Thorium and Blood or something)

Your ulti is nice, but I'm going more for the storms\lightning\war-themed abilities. Anyways, I'll +Rep you all for helping :)

EDIT: I decided to go with "The War of Khaz Modan: Thorium and Death". Thanks a lot for all of your awesome ideas everyone! Also, I decided to go with my own ultimate spell. More details here.

Last edited:
Level 3
Landfall
Thorium Wars
War and Ore
Axes, Swords and Thorium (or any variation)

Also, for a Thane Ultimate, how about this -

Spirits of the Storm
Creates transparent, stormy spirits of all surrounding units that rush toward the target, each dealing their attack damage.
So, this fits your storm theme and has synergy with the Thane's ally buffing abilities. It also is an effective, single target nuke that the Thane needs, as it allows him to be able to be hero killer, but only while he is with allies.

Status
Not open for further replies.