1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I Am Legend Beta 4.3c

Submitted by Secret_Bryan
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This game is based off the movie "I am legend"
Its not 100% like the movie nor the book.
well i know your all like "what are we all robert?"

In this zombie survival shooter you are marines from the safe zone sent to find robert neville and protect him while he finds the cure. You are given mission throughout the game. When completing these missions you gain hero lvls. Also you can gain ranks by gaining more zombie kills. There are different rewards for each rank you earn, rewards vary from new barricades, new weps, items, ect.

Game Modes:
Story (4 Difficulties)
Deathmatch
Survival
Last Stand

Features:
12 Missions
4 Fun Game Modes.
Zombie AI
Weapon System
Ammo System
Save/load
Ranking system

Credits to
Skins:
ana - zombie skin
Saikann -Ghoul Skin

Models:
Talon the Mage - Marine Model & wepons
Tenebis - Zombie Model
Hellish Hybrid - Zombie Marine Model

This game is still a beta so please pm me glitchs/cheats/bugs you may find.
Updates

UPDATE#1
-Fixed all known glitchs and Bugs
UPDATE#2
-Improved Terrain
-Fixed more bugs
-increased Zombie Damage
-Added another Surpise to Gameplay
UPDATE#3
-Added more Damage to Sniper
-Deleted unused imports
-Added SMG at start of game
-Added new sounds
-Fixed a minor bug
UPDATE#4
-Fixed Memory Leaks
UPDATE#5
-Fixed Timed Life Bug

ScreenShots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Keywords:
I am Legend, suvival, fun, zombies, marines,FPS,survival,zombie survival,NOTD,dota,secret_bryan,swat
Contents

I Am Legend Beta 4.3c (Map)

Reviews
19:09, 5th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Mahatma

Mahatma

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you PLLEEAASE fix the saving. its the reason i never play it anymore.

Yesterday was the only time i saw the game again in like a month. If saving doesn't work many ppl wont bother playing it.

2. Lokeen

Lokeen

Resources:
    Resources:
    man heres a sujjestion Melee weapons, when your like out of ammo They do that in many games or Just be able to swing your gun? Cleave attack or stun or a push back effect?

3. AsXurian

AsXurian

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is great. I can't really think of anything that you could add cept maybe some options for survival mode. Like maybe making options for higher drop rates or higher spawn. I'll leave this reply to put the idea into many peoples heads, because i'm not always the most creative.

Ideas: 5/5 --> I loved the movie, and I think its close enough. Yet far away enough to be considered seperate. I love it.

Description: 5/5 --> I like the fact that you warned them that its not exactly like the book or the movie. It sets a standard so they don't expect perfection.

Game Play: 5/5 --> The gameplay can be altered even to the slightest bit. It's perfect for Multiplayer and very challenging for single player. Though i don't get too far :xxd: :xxd:

Terrain: 4/5 --> The city is great, I love the wreckage and detail that would represent a true war-torn destroyed city. I don't entirely like the wilderness. I see in many places it's just flat. Add some hills and maybe some ditches. If you'd want to make those more realistic add some slow effects to the hills and ditches.

Missions: 5/5 --> They are very challenging. Wide-spread city-scale missions are not only challenging but fun. On single player I was only able to do two of them though :gg:

Total: 6/5 --> Great job. :thumbs_up: Like i said earlier i can't find much to suggest to add.

4. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is greatly made.
    spoiler warning

The atmosphere is greatly created, the custom communication sounds for missions etc are used perfectly.

I didnt exactly understand the ammo system, i thought it was all the numbers on the weapon icons in the inventory, but there is an ammo field (replacing wood).
    As far as it works, anyways...

The amount of supplies is nice, even though i don't exactly understand why a school for example is filled with weapons but oh well.

The battles themselves dont require much skill for aiming, but that is a matter of personal taste. The interest in this map is different, about using (or not) barricades, grenades, placing them correctly and at the right place. Such things.

The "cinematic" parts are nice, start is especially pleasant ( +nice copter drop), even though we could see the map shortly before the actual intro, but that's minor.

Mutants jumping (i guess through windows, even though i didn't hear such a sound) is one of the additional features adding to the atmosphere and making the pace fast. Nice touches.

I have tested only 1 game mode, but there are 3 others, and it's a good thing.
    The 4 levels of difficulty are a nice plus aswell.

I think the screenshots don't do justice to the map, maybe take more pics of action parts.
    The one with the mutants standing in a line between bookshelves did a bad impression to me. Just doesnt look uhh, "natural" ?

Bug: when jumping over invul doors into the school, you get teleported to a random place away from it...
    Better put a condition upon "unit starts casting" to unallow jumping there totally?

I think that's all for the neutral/bad points.

EDIT: Bad points:
    -I just understood the ammo system, it wasn't so intuitive all in all. It's bugged i think, minigun cannot be reloaded.
    When i pick a new one on the floor, it's empty aswell. Flamethrower seems way too hungry of ammo for the damage it does.
    *Also, add a cap. When all allies were dead, i could hand around with 45 grenades, 12 flares, 56 barricades, ~1370 ammo, my minigunn and land mines, in just my one marine's backpack... I was a whole walking military base alone. Makes no sense o_O .

-I realized you have some sort of custom projectile system, nice, but there is first an instant part in the shot, rather powerful, making the custom projectile sorta pointless.

-Why do grenades have a cooldown? does one's hand need to recover physically for launching another one or something?..
    -Why do sight-revealing flare items have no cooldown? and have default name and infinite range aswell?

-The mission ping in story mode is fucked up. It seems to remember only 1 of the pings, and sometimes it just forgets it, just placing it in the center of the map while the mission is somewhere else. Confuses people into dying...
    example: bring the school guys to radio station. Ping just pings the middle of the map, while radio is near the western edge.

-I thought there were revival items, someone said that. We searched over 60% of the map and found none... What's the point of letting dead marines have a corpse (if there's none)?

-Why are doodads that you can attack, invulnerable (cuz of astronomic hp)?! It lets people waste precious ammunition on barrels and stuff before they understand.

-It seems the game doesn't notify when a player leaves, not sure though.

Overall, very nicely done.

I couldn't test very long, since i had d/c (wasnt the map's fault) but i'm going to re-host it, it's fun. Good job :)

EDIT: Bad points detected. See spoiler part. Rating reduced to 4/5.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  5. ZKAmedic

ZKAmedic

Resources:
    Resources:
    FINALLY, Byran i love you, finally a good zombie map, its GOOD Its so fun to play man i want to give you a medal its sooo good Even if its based on a book/movie :D:D
    10/5

6. Rinjo

Rinjo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, game is very fun. I've played 3 games thus far and I'm the rank that lets you drop barricades. This leads to my next question, how DO I drop things as the game states you can? I have no clue how and I would appreciate some help, thank you.
    :grin:

7. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mass Purging Template Version 3.0
    Approve.

Any Personal Comments?
    Only barely.
    Your terraining needs some work. The tile you use for the roads doesn't play nice with other tiles.
    You have lots of green icons still.
    Your triggers are alright.
    The gameplay is what got you this approval, plain and simple.

8. Spudmuffin

Spudmuffin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Neh, the zombies cant touch light in "i am legend" !

9. yuchinin

yuchinin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can I revive my hero when die?

10. KillerNick

KillerNick

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice game and its a game that when i started to play w3 and still to today i like ( its about 1 year and a half) and i want to know when its coming the new vercion comming =3. pls tell me !
    Nice job, keep up the good work. ;D

Oh Btw i found a bug =O when you get your 2 backup marine and use "drop current wepon" the marine turns into one marine hero "Survival" tipe.
    and pls the max lvl now is 100 can you put 150 or 200 pls *-*.
    and we need more rewards >.>

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  11. TheCloust

TheCloust

Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn! this games is one of my favorite ones

I remember 2 years ago i downloaded it from epicwar and i stoped playing wc3, i came back 2 months ago and i've downloaded again the map from epic but it didnt worked because the updates, 2 months later, i come to hive work and i see this version :D

Congratulations 5/5 :D

12. TheCloust

TheCloust

Resources:
    Resources:
    It would be good if missions had passwords too it's so boring when everbody dies and restart everthing =\

maybe you could put a locked passwords for each mission then when we type for example -mission Foii2we21 it would go to mission number 4 ^^

i died 4 times in the middle of the game and i'm lazy to restart everthing ^^

13. darkevilapie

darkevilapie

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi, i love ur game.
    but the saving doenst work for my frend. also revive(2) is in the house 2 the east near the water and docks(for the the uv light mission) also how do we get 2 the base in the top right? for the next version can you make more missions and more types of enemys, like those blobs that are atached to the sewer,
    the tank is a bit weird cuz it killz enemys with 1 hit if they have 400 hp or less but if they have more it does 150 damage.

tips: make zombies have poison ( like in the movie when you get bitten youll get infected then you die and turn into a zombie) poinson with like 2 damage per sec, can be healed with medkit.
    make more weapons like :
    rocket launcher 1500range, very slow, 250-350 damage,
    assualt rilfe 1000 range same damage as smg but slower 30-40 ammo,
    chainsaw, some thing like immolate.
    also a soort of item that reveals an area ,not like a flare, but more a soort of building (spy cam of motion sensor).

errrrrr more rewards is needed said by other people.
    maybe an abil that grants a larger area of vision ( like the night elves abil to see farter when its night,
    a aura that gives frendlys regen 2 hp/sec and + 3 armor.
    auto casting abilety that doen an melee attack if an zombie comes to close, if you have no ammo(knife head or stab hart), cooldown 2-3 sec damage 500

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  14. KillerNick

KillerNick

Resources:
    Resources:
    you cant if you are solo, if you are with someone , some one of the party you are playing need to be a SSgt or a staff sargent (1000 kills) to able the revive kit drop.

15. gala1221

gala1221

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tis COOL glitch has been going on for quite sometime now. I doubt anyone knows and I dunno if you have fixed it. In like I Am Legend 3.0++ You know when you become a rank then you get 2 to 3 Marines to aid you right? If you click on them and click on their skill the yellow + sign and make them drop their current weapon, they become heroes. O-o. P.S. The colour is to enable you to read it easier =D

Tats not exactly the thing here dude. There are some Revival Kits that I believe are already on the map as I can find some. You can pick up those and use it =D

16. phaelfaria

phaelfaria

Resources:
    Resources:
    When is a new version coming?
    I Love this map

17. Minos69

Minos69

Resources:
    Resources:
    When is a new version coming?I Love this map

PD: Everytime i Save the code is wrong

18. TheOwner

TheOwner

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think i am the biggest fan of this map!
    I got 11k kills and lvl 72 ;P
    I play this game 3-4 times per week! :D
    666/5 :)

19. Minos69

Minos69

Resources:
    Resources:
    u are a luker i cant pass lvl 36 -.- other codics = invalid

20. Sgt.Pierce

Sgt.Pierce

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm. Looks interesting, i'll try it now.
    Maybe soon, i'll give you my feedback. :)