1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. And she's bought a stairway to heaven. The 6th Special Effect Contest Results are here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hunter's Hall 1.6.0

Submitted by Cokemonkey11
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

Hunter's Hall

A map by Cokemonkey11

Contents
* Introduction
* Screenshots
* Items
* Version Control
* Changelog
* Contributing

Introduction

Hunter's Hall is a team-oriented PvP game which consists of short, objective-based rounds.
Players fill a role either on the team of Hunters, or the team of Beasts. These teams use
different play-styles and have different objectives - the Hunters have a limited time to
steal one of two items and return to their base.

Hunters have ranged weapons and binocular vision, but are genetically weaker than the
Beasts. Hunters can only view the area around and in front of them, and can't easily keep
track of one another. Hunters have long-ranged weapons with high firepower, a net ability,
and a melee execute ability. Hunters should remain together to survive Beast harassment.
Runes spawn in two separate places, marked A and B on the minimap.

Beasts are good at guerilla warfare. They can regenerate health, move around quickly, and
have a large sight radius in all directions. They can also track other Beasts movements,
and therefore deaths as well. Beasts must utilize their greater utility and regeneration
to harass the Hunters, killing them slowly and avoiding being overwhelmed by their direct
firepower.

Screenshots

Hunter Combat System

[​IMG]

Beast Blink Ability

[​IMG]

Beast Cinematic, Story

[​IMG]

Beast Cinematic, Tutorial

[​IMG]

Items

[​IMG] Hunter Itemization: The Hunter team starts the game with a lot of resource: they
have 1000 gold to spend, and can save it for future rounds. Killing
beasts grants a small bounty, so having good economic sense is invaluable.

If a hunter dies, its items will be dropped. If a hunter survives, they keep their items
for the next round. Note that hunters also have only 4 item slots - and an empty item slot
is needed for carrying a shard.
[​IMG] Contract: (80 Gold)

Grants 50 bonus gold when killing enemy Beasts.

Lesser Beast Bonus: 25
[​IMG] Field Conditioning Kit: (100 Gold)

Regenerates 1 health per second while out of combat.
[​IMG] Gas-action Rifle: (150 Gold)

Provides a fully-automatic firing mode.

Fire Rate: 4 rounds per second
[​IMG] Studded Leather Armor: (200 Gold)

Reduces damage from basic attacks by 10.

Version Control

All iterations of this map are maintained in a public git repository at
Cokemonkey11 / hunters-hall / Commits — Bitbucket

Changelog

1.6.0 23 June 2019:
  • The map is now fully written in Wurst!
  • The map now uses the Wurst Standard Library 2.
  • Reworked damage detection to use DamageEvent, for 1.31 compat.
  • The cinematic can now be skipped with fewer votes (2/3).

1.5.1 6 September 2015:
  • Hunter Net ability has been reworked to provide less binary gameplay.
  • Hunters Hall now supports up to 6v6!
  • Fixed a bug where hunter's rifle ability could be unfairly used to target enemies with
    higher accuracy - this was mostly abused by AI.
  • Fixed a bug where the burst rifle's channeling animation would not be interrupted.

1.5.0 3 May 2015:
  • There are now four items which hunters can purchase at the marketplace! This has the
    implication that Hunters no longer have a toggle-weapon-mode ability - instead, fully-
    automatic mode is acquired by purchasing an item.
  • Burst attack mode now has a 1-second cooldown.
  • The map triggers have been fully converted to Jurst! This has the implication that
    changes to source are more accountable, and pull requests can be considered.
  • End-of-round conditions now have unique visual effects and sound-bites.
  • Adjusted mdl data for the fountain at beast spawn zone.
  • Added some cute music.

1.4.2 24 April 2015:
  • Fixed a critical bug related to hunter attack multiplicity.

1.4.1 23 April 2015:
  • Hunter now has a short-cooldown sprint ability.
  • Hunter Projectile Damage 25 -> 30.
  • Hunter Knife Damage 30 -> 35.
  • Hunter Knife Execute Damage 50 -> 60.
  • Hunter Knife Cooldown 15s -> 10s (50% cooldown reduction on execute still applies).
  • Adjusted terrain near the north entrance to Shard B, opening a third offensive path.
  • Adjusted terrain at beast spawn zone (mostly cosmetic).
  • Fixed a bug related to the damage value written in Hunter attack tooltips.
  • Fixed a bug related to terrain pathing in the north of the town.

Older Changes
1.4.0 21 April 2015:
  • There are now two rune spawn points, neither of which are directly in the Beast spawn
    area. Any one rune can be returned to secure victory.
  • Hunters and Beasts are now hero-units, which is only cosmetic.

1.3.0 15 April 2015:
  • Beast's Thunder ability has been replaced with an attack-modifier, which should be
    more rewarding to use effectively, and provide more options for beast attacking patterns.
  • Beast attack has been adjusted to be slower, but harder hitting, while also removing
    some of the unpredictability issues related to its damage over time component by removing
    its ability to stack, and significantly front-loading the damage back into the base.
  • Slain hunters can now observe their allies locations across the map using vision
    hints.
  • Hunter knife ability now has a larger enumeration range.
  • Fixed a bug related to rune of imperialization location.
  • Fixed a bug related to victory messages.

1.2.0 25 March 2015:
  • AI now properly takes over player slots when a human leaves the game.
  • Hunter AI now elects leaders and attempts to secure the objective.
  • Beast AI now retreats when low on health or lightning. They also try to use their
    thunder ability when it's off cooldown.
  • Before the cinematic begins, a voting dialog will determine the number of rounds.

1.1.3 23 Mar 2015:
  • Hunter Net ability no longer applies net effect to corpses.
  • Organic Hemisection and Organic Concatenation cast time no longer allows players to
    move selection circles.
  • Organic Hemisection and Organic Concatenation no longer leave behind corpses.

1.1.2 23 March 2015:
  • Fixed a major desynchronization related to the cinematic fade filters and fog masks.

1.1.0 18 March 2015:
  • Terrain adjustments and improvements.
  • Fix fogmodifier leak.
  • Add small vision bubbles to nearby hunters for allied vision.
  • Add two new cinematics, one for each faction, including lore and tutorials.
  • Cinematic can now be interrupted by popular vote.
  • Game is now, by default, a best-of-7.

1.0.1 2 March 2015:
  • Beast Thunder ability can no longer leak a lightning.
  • Map author name is now spelled correctly (credits to StoPCampinGn00b).
  • AI now replaces players who leave the game [untested].
  • Beasts now maintain their sight radius while casting organic hemisection and organic
    concatenation.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would not end if a dialog was open in multiplayer
    [untested].
  • How-to-play quests now have list-style markers.
  • Round time reduced to 4.5 minutes.
  • Hunter range increased to 1200.

1.0.0 12 February 2015:
  • Basic AI Implemented.
  • Terrain Revamp.
  • Quest Menu with Credits Added.
  • Knife ability reworked into skillshot.
  • Edited skin for Hunter's Hall to match Human Base.
  • New map preview.
  • Hunter's Automatic Camera now uses smoothing.
  • Cinematic now plays only once.
  • Cinematic can now be skipped if all human players press escape.
  • Hunter Attack is now a regular ability and must be targeted.
  • Hunter Weapon Toggle is now an ability.
  • Multiboard Revamp.
  • Alternate round-victory conditions added.
  • Time of Day now static at midnight.
  • Beast Lightning Resource Introduced.
  • Added lightning powered blink ability for Beast.
  • Hunters and Beasts now have Hero Glow.
  • Beast can now use Hemisection and Concatenation (split into two beasts or revert).
  • Hunter weapon behaviors improved.
  • Best-of-Five Win Condition Implemented.

0.0.8 3 May 2010:
  • Initial Version Uploaded to hiveworkshop.com.

Contributing

I will merge atomic, well-formed pull-requests if they are consistent with my design
policies and issue tracker.

Contents

Hunter's Hall 1.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
22:48, 3rd Apr 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Hunter's Hall is the definition of a simple map that follows the map submission rules. Players who enjoy a minimalist yet strategic team on team gameplay might just enjoy this. Map approved.
  1. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    Each round is the same in my opinion.
    There is only one way to play.
    If you're a beast you teleport and use your spell and run away in hope of surviving. If you're almost dead you split in two.

If you're a hunter, you wait for the beast to teleport and you net it. Then you spam your attacks and you die (lol you can survive if you're better ofc) but your mates kill the beasts xD
    That's how I saw the game.

Otherwise it's polished.

EDIT : Ok i played on clan ent bot (can't host it from bnet but from clan ent site yes) and it was much funnier than in solo but we won 9-0 as beasts. Once I only attacked a hunter ONCE with the thunder spell and he died in 3 sec. Also i saw one hunter survive 30 sec with the damage over time and he finally died, it's so frustrating and unfair.
    Can't you make another hotkey (or a swap hotkey ability) ? It's blink and the knife ability which aren't working on my keyboard.
    And the tutorial is too long and the story is pointless so we shouldn't be forced to watch it at start of each game.
    BTW I still think there are very few ways to play the game.

EDIT 2 : (6)huntershall make it hard to be found on makemehost list ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  2. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Yes, I have plans to make the game more dynamic between rounds, and I've solidified those plans more clearly as well as raised their priority - hopefully some exciting changes are around the corner.

Well, I don't claim that this pattern is the most efficient, but if you went 9-0 as a beast then good job. This is also inconsistent with the reports of others, so perhaps I need some more data before I can adjust balance significantly.

I agree that the damage-over-time aspect of the beasts can sometimes be a bit frustrating, so I've adjusted these things in the latest version, and replaced the thunder ability entirely.

No, I can't, but there's are tools that can simulate other hotkeys for wc3. Best of luck.

If all players press the [Esc] key, the cinematic is skipped.

This is the familiar filename style used by blizzard - Other map makers should do the same!

---

This map has been updated to minor version 1.3.0. This version fixes a few minor bugs and attempts to address some of the gameplay issues experienced by players.

Most prominently, the beast thunder ability has been entirely replaced, thus removing the last random gameplay component in the map. Along with the adjustment of beast attack damage and attack speed, this should provide more interesting optimization choices for beast players, and a more rewarding experience. I've also severely cut down on damage-over-time values, which should be less frustrating for hunter players.

Minimap hints have also been adjusted so that dead hunters can track their allies, rather than looking at a black screen for such a long time.

This new version has been uploaded to makemehost and clan ent bots. I hope you all get a chance to look and let me know how I'm doing.

Regards,

3. Tanasren

Tanasren

Resources:
    Resources:
    About the map name, or the cinematic or other things I mentionned, it's only to help you reach a broader audience because I think the map can become very good, something like Ninja Vs Samurai (a map I played a lot). Every little downside of the map can make some players avoid it. So think a minute about what I said and see if it's better or not. I didn't say this to be mean .
    The cinematic is never skipped because there are always new players. I spent 15-20 min already watching this cinematic. The cinematic doesn't show up the opposite teams skills neither. But if you add it, the cinematic will be longer. IMO cinematic = bad idea in every map
    About map names do as you want, if you prefer players to never find your map.

I'll try the map if you changed the thunder thing but I forgot to mention last time, as beast I won every game 9-0 (in multi). As hunter, the best I could manage was 40% win, 60% defeat (with one AI and 2 hunters).
    Maybe because of my hotkeys problem though but I can't change them since I already changed them for another map.

You should add another active ability for both team to avoid damage maybe. And some way to upgrade one ability (so each player is a little more unique)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  4. Sgt.Pierce

Sgt.Pierce

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is great, I must say. Very entertaining especially when it comes on full house. 5/5! :D

5. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm not too interested in catering to the lowest common denominator, I just want to build a good map that features logical game design and replayability (which is still a work in progress!)

I will be quite surprised if the map is still in favor of Beasts after this most recent update. Most likely I will need to make some changes to improve their utility in the next version.

Since you asked, here are some plans that address your thoughts:

* Hunters will be given a sprint ability which can be used during kiting to help them maneuver
    * Hunters will have access to a shop whose items can be kept from round to round only if they survive. Money will not reset at the end of the round, but securing objectives and killing beasts will earn a little. I want to introduce a game of economics into the human faction.
    * Beasts will have the ability to evolve after each *victory*. I hope this will make the map a tiny bit more snowball-like so that early rounds feel very valuable, and introduce new strategies.

Thanks again, I really appreciate all the encouragement and enthusiasm. I hope newer versions will keep you guys happy!

---

This map has been updated to minor version 1.4.0 - the bulk of this release replaces the single rune of imperialization with two "shards" of imperialization in separate locations. The round can be won by humans if they secure and return any one shard - this is intended to make the scouting and observing component of beast play a little more involved.

I hope everyone is pleased with these changes, and I look forward to your comments.

Regards,

---

Edit:

This map has been updated to maintenance version 1.4.1 - this update makes small adjustments to abilities and terrain, as well as adding a new ability, to help boost hunter power.

Thanks!

---

Edit:

This map has been updated to maintanence release 1.4.2 which fixes a very game-breaking and very old bug with hunter automatic attack.

---

Edit:

This map has been updated to minor version 1.5.0 which makes significant gameplay and design-side adjustments. Hunters now have acccess to some basic times, and the map is written fully in Jurst!

I look forward to your feedback.

Regards,

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  6. Sgt.Pierce

Sgt.Pierce

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I recently tested the update and here's my review.

Hunter's new ability, sprint. Quite interesting as it increases the mobility and micro of hunters. Good thing about it, duration is low, i liked that. Because if you made it long, its op with the net skill. Plus the considerable cooldown.

The items of hunters, very good, you can lose it when you die, and lost if not picked up by allies. Why not beast have too? Not typical shop, but one perk per round, increases something. (I suggest)

Anyways, the change is great! I am looking forward for further updates! You could perhaps add additional modes. Hahahaha! Great work! :)

7. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Sgt.Pierce, thanks for the comments!

That is almost exactly what I have planned. Unfortunately this release doesn't get into the details for this yet.

---

This map has been updated to version 1.5.1

Note for mappers:
    contributing

Gameplay-related stuff is written in the changelog, but more interestingly, this map now has fully-scripted object definitions for units, items, abilities, and buffs, which allows branching and forking of object data without acquiring a lock.

Feel free to experiment with the object data and send me a pull request if you think you've done something exciting.

Also note that the map now allows up to 12 players (AI included) - try it out!

8. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Terrain - simple and unattractive (it is not the core of the game but that doesn't mean it should be so poor) 2/5
    System of the game - each round should is kinda the same and not much variation exists there. Use your imagination to make it more entertaining and attracting. 4/5
    Gameplay - the characters and their abilities are fine in my point of view, but later on becomes kinda boring and it makes quit instantly. You need to work on the gameplay. 3/5

My rating is 3/5. Improve what I mentioned, make this mod better, it has potential and it would be bad if you waste it like this.

9. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    After nearly 4 years, this map has been updated!

The main point of this update is for modernisation to work with wc3 1.31.x (which broke plenty)

Enjoy!