• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Humans are the least intelligent things on Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
There are many things on the planet Earth: cats, dogs, rocks, trees, water, et cetera. However, none of these things are as dumb as humans. This is because humans have negative intelligence. I have created an intelligence spectrum to show this. In the middle of the spectrum are minerals; humans are on the far left; insects are slightly to the right; and cats and dogs are on the far right. So why do humans have negative intelligence? It is because their stupid actions outweight their smart ones. They create more destructive things like cigarettes and guns than good things, such as books; they do more stupid things than intelligent things; their thoughts hurt themselves. I will now leave you with one thing to think about: why is it that people envy rich celebrities, rich celebrities think they are special, and rocks are smart enough to not give a damn?

Level 6
In the comics, 15 November 2005:

othercoast20333010511154ys.gif

Level 12
So let us compare good vs bad things then.

Good

Shelter
Air conditioning
Transportation
Medicine
Vaccines
Pharmocopeia
Clothing
Civilization
Irrigation
Selective breeding (plants and animals)
Time
Season predictability
Storm watches
Nature preserves
Communication
Farming
Midwives
Fewer infant deaths

Your turn

Level 6
Bad

Shelter - disrupts the environment
Transportation - cars pollute the air
Nature preserves - humans destroyed everything else
Fewer infant deaths - now the world is overpopulated
Smoking
Pollution
Harmful drugs
Weapons of mass destruction
War
Totalitarianism
Harm caused by religious beliefs
Antibacterial soap
Processed foods
Non-renewable resource depletion
Gambling
Idolization of overpaid celebrities
MMORPGs in which you pay a company so you can do work

Level 12
v3ck said:
Bad
Rebutal

Shelter - disrupts the environment
Caves are a natural shelter, are caves then harmful as well?
So do farts, which animals also cause
Nature preserves - humans destroyed everything else
Which is why I see so much countryside when I drive for about 5 min outside of a city?
Fewer infant deaths - now the world is overpopulated
There are more ants in 1km of land than there are people in the entire world, so do you mean there are too many insects?
Smoking
Ever heard of wildfires?
Pollution
There is natural polution created just by living
Harmful drugs
Where do they get the materials from? Nature
More plankton is killed in one meal of a sperm whale than people have been killed by WMDs
War
Animals fight all of the time
Totalitarianism
Chickens have harems
Harm caused by religious beliefs
Harm is a natural occurance
Antibacterial soap
Bacteria dies when one swallows
Processed foods
How is this stupid? Would you rather it spoil on the way to the market?
Non-renewable resource depletion
Ever hear of solar or wind power? Fancy new invention created a LOOOONG time ago.
Gambling
Everyday is a gamble it might be your last
Idolization of overpaid celebrities
Oh yes, the star struck commoner is a great representation of a general population, why not compare it to the Elvis fools?
MMORPGs in which you pay a company so you can do work
How is this bad? It is called a profit and company policies.

Level 11
v3ck said:
I will now leave you with one thing to think about: why is it that people envy rich celebrities, rich celebrities think they are special, and rocks are smart enough to not give a damn?

Rocks can't envy anything. Because they dont have any intelligence. Intelligence isnt really about being able to do good, more about being able to do complex things and think in intricate ways.

Also I'm human, I don't envy or idolize celebrities.

Level 6
Malufa, what is your current occupation?

By the way, I realize now that my argument is flawed. Humans are not the least intelligent things on Earth; they are the stupidest. There is a difference between the two.

Level 12
Yes there is a big difference between the two. I still disagree with your statement, I think that humanity does some of the stupidest things individually, but as a Race they are not the dumbest.

As for my job I am sure that if you searched the forum long enough you might find a passing remark as to what it is, good luck and good hunting.

Level 21
So do farts, which animals also cause

lol yes it is true that cows and rice plants are helping the whole global warming thing along :p how crazy is that!

Harmful drugs
Where do they get the materials from? Nature

yeh i heard one time that 99.9% of things used by the body are organic chemicals (the rest are minerals, salts and ions. if u think about it when do ever eat a chunk of metal for its nutritional value? my point is, that drugs are made from plants and stuff, and if u mean weed or whatever well then u better go killing all the canabis plants! plus i think its true that most drugs were made to help people or are natural from plants or what have you.

More plankton is killed in one meal of a sperm whale than people have been killed by WMDs

plus the first (i think first) wmd was made to save lives, even though it had to kill people to do that.

i have to say that malufa is like 100% right, the only reason i would say human life is bad is because of like human nature, some people are born with hatred and jealousy and similar things. but most people arent like that.

Level 6
Does cannabis grow so people can smoke it? Of course not. It's not about where something comes from; it's about what people do with it and make from it.

Level 21
synthetic is something made by man from already existing things, like hydrocarbons under-going "cracking" to become polymer-plastics. now people say plastics are synthetic but really they come from nature. so in a way synthetic has no meaning, because man makes nothing, he only changes what is around him to suit his needs.

FFS u changed ur post.

it's about what people do with it and make from it.

well yeh, whats ur point? thats supporting the "humans are good" part, because we have made some very beatiful things. we have saved millions of lives and have brought civilization to the world. we have made some great things. im not denying the various wars and deaths of millions of people, which definately goes in the bad but we have survived our nature of hatred to make a semi-stable society, which proves overall our nature is good not bad.

Level 12
You do speak a lot of gibberish Dan, but I like you anyways :wink: And, in truth, we are not a very adaptable species when you look at our families. Our genetic "cousins" have all died out long ago, so either we are the best or just bought some time until our final destruction will be found out later.

As for bombs, all of the nuclear weapons made are created to try to deter violence from ever occuring, meaning they want to save lives. I love it when the media claims that Bush is crazy and going balistic in Iraq, if he were he would use his big bombs and it would all be over in 30 min or less guarenteed.

Level 21
yeah, it depends on what i'm talking about when it comes to gibberish. See i'm not very good atputting my idea across into words because, well i'm just not. I usually go around the house with a long explanation when it could be alot easier. It's really annoying sometimes. But hopefully people still understand what I'm trying to say as (I think) I have some very valid points to put across.

(Please start using your proper grammar again Dan, I know you can do it.)

Level 2
well if we see what we humans realy do, i would not say that were dumb or anything like that.

we are the only species on this planet that has managed to manipulate and construkt the world in our own image.
so i disagree on the fact that we should be stupid, we do some stupid things but thats a part of our evolution and our (probably) eternal lust for knowledge and the power to controll evertyhing about us.

our greatest flaw is probably that we are not able to overwiew the consequenses of our own actions, and as such an't always able to control the powers that we set loose in the right and best way.

so as i said i wouldn't call as stupid, but more flawfull in our desires, and consideration.

Level 12
Is unintentional ill consequences evil then? Is a baby evil when it stops smiling at its parents camera? Is a virus evil for trying to live? Is the Emperor of the Sith evil because he wants to rule all of the galaxy with an iron fist and bring peace to all creatures?

Level 12
Not really, I just think that Erathon has not read everything, he\she has only read a small portion of the postings here and assumes knowledge based upon that information.

Viruses can be alive, depending upon whose definition is used. In other news Amy and I are flying tomarrow to California together.

Level 18
I used to think that dolphins were smarter than humans but because they didn't seem to do anything that harmed anything but then I found out that dolphins do as much "evil" as we would if we had dolphin bodies, they even commit gang rapes upon other dolphins. Also, viruses are not exactly alive and not exactly non-living, they are in a sort of grey area between the two, I beleive they have some sort of organic crystaline structure but I'm not sure.

Level 12
So can you not extend the rights of living to something mostly alive? Does that mean that you can then deny rights to other things alive because they are not "as alive" as other things? Get into a shade of grey and it is easy to turn it all grey.

Level 21
i dont think they are alive. They are just a big protien with DNA inside it. they dont respire, they dont move by their own accord (as far as i know). If you consider things with protiens or DNA or even carbohydrates to be alive then yes they are, but if you think the seven life processes makes something alive then no they are not.

Level 12
That is why I am asking what is to be considered alive and what is not. There are so many exceptions that can occur I can go on for days with examples of almost everything. The point is that I want people to actually answer and think about it, not just sprout something out.

Status
Not open for further replies.