• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How's My Terrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: THIS IS NOT A WARCRAFT III TERRAIN, I DON'T SEE WHY THE MODS DECIDED TO MOVE IT HERE, BUT Y'KNOW.. NOT EVERYONE CAN DIVIDE 2 BY 1.

Title, nuff said.

Criticism welcomed.

Terrain1.png

Terrain2.png

Terrain3.png

Terrain4.png

Last edited:
Level 19
eh..

1. its lacking doodads except trees.

2. you only use 3 basic terrains.

3. why are all your buildings just scattered randomly..? lol

4. OH NO.. ATTACK OF THE CCs lol

the world map is nice tho. no show altho

1) It has some desert doodads too =P
2) I use plenty, moslty in Canada and the USA, I use a combination of Tiles.
I tried to seperate it based on world terrain types.
3) It's Alternate Future. If you've ever played it for WC3, you'd know why.
4) lol. no. They build Workers, which build a million other things.

As for just the terrain? I think I have something for you, but there is no Brazil or Canadian Islands.. however there are terrain placements for them (I cut out the height map, then draw the terrain, and do heights after). It's as far back as I've saved for just Terrain.
Add my email on msn or email me, and I'll see what I can do.

[email protected]

Level 8
Canada doesn't really need snow, not that much, its not as frozen as people think xD
the prairies, the area between Ontario and British Columbia is basically a gigantic field of farmland, so add some farming doodads in there with a cow ranch or something :p
Quebec has a pretty large pork industry, and is densely populated with forests
Ontario is pretty much the same as Quebec, but no gigantic pork industry, so no need for anything there xD
British Columbia has a wide variety of farming and industrial purposes, the industrial is in the southwest, where Vancouver is, and the lower mainland (between Vancouver and Rocky Mountains) is mainly farming. The northern part of British Columbia is packed dense with forests and scattered farming communities..
Mr.Know It All has spoken!
sorry for info overload, but you really should put great detail into terrain if people want to be sucked into the map!

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

1) It has some desert doodads too =P
2) I use plenty, moslty in Canada and the USA, I use a combination of Tiles.
I tried to seperate it based on world terrain types.
3) It's Alternate Future. If you've ever played it for WC3, you'd know why.
4) lol. no. They build Workers, which build a million other things.

As for just the terrain? I think I have something for you, but there is no Brazil or Canadian Islands.. however there are terrain placements for them (I cut out the height map, then draw the terrain, and do heights after). It's as far back as I've saved for just Terrain.
Add my email on msn or email me, and I'll see what I can do.

[email protected]

There's no place called the Canadian Islands

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Northern Canada smart ass >_>

And as for the tips about Canada, I am Canadian >.<

-.- yeah I'm from Canada 2, lived on both sides of the country and visited most places in-between. Nobody has ever called them the Canadian Islands.

Level 5
Canada? You mean that big block of ice?

The map seems pretty good, but I don't have Sc2. Could use some work on the shapes of continents, but It's already better than most other World Maps I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.