• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How would you do Fireburst?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello!

I have a model in my map called Firestarter. It can be seen in the picture below. It has a very goodlooking spell-animation. When it casts a spell, a large cloud of fire bursts out from it's body. (As seen on the second picture)
I would like to take advantage of this spell-animation by creating a spell called "Fireburst"

- When the spell is casted, an area around the Firestarter is ignited with flames. Perhaps is the flames like disease clouds, all enemy units that comes close the flames gets ignited.

- The point of the spell is to causes the ground around the Firestarter to burn in one way or another.

I can not get the spell like this to work and I want to keep the spell simple.

How would you do to make a spell like this?

Attachments

• Firestarter.jpg
    Firestarter.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Firestarter Spell.jpg
    Firestarter Spell.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 71
Go to Abilities tab, find "Burning Oil"; it's in Orc race. Increase the Area of Effect to the AoE you want, change Duration and delete the Requirements. Change the Targets Allowed to "Enemy, Organic, Neutral, Ground" and give this ability to a dummy unit, by copying the "Combat - " fields of the "Demolisher" unit, found in orcs.
Then, once the spell is casted,
  • trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Set Point[1] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Point[2] = (Point[1] offset by 800.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)))
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[2] facing default building degrees
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 second generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Ground Point[1]
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[1])
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[2])

Level 13
Create a dummy unit based on the disease cloud and give it the model of a flame (when you have the firecould use that)

Then give it the ability disease cloud and change the tooltip / buff to "fire"

Then use a trigger to summon this units random around your hero...

that's how I would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.