• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War Stomp Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

I wonder how to make a spell like this:

A unit has a ranged attack and attack a target. When the target is hit by the attack a dummy-unit is spawned who casts "War Stomp" and then the dummy-unit disapears. I thought of use "Disease cloud" to create the dummy-unit.

I think a spell like this is possible to do, but I can't get it to work.

How would you make a spell like this?

Level 11
You have to make something that checks when a unit enters the map.
Unit enters playable map - add event to trigger ur trigger event: entering unit takes damage

ur trigger
no events (already added it via the other trigger)
if unit type of attacking unit is *whatever unit u want to do the warstomp thing*
then create dummy at position of triggering unit
add 2 sec experation timer to last created unit
order last created unit to (Orc - Tauren Chieftan - War Stomp)

Give the dummy unit an ability based off of tauren chieftain war stomp and make sure it doesnt cost mana. Give the dummy no attack too. Also make it have locust ability and for the model type .mdx in custom

Level 8
I really can not find how to add the field "Entering unit takes damage"

Any hints where I can find that line?

There is no such a field. You have to make 3 Triggers

1. To pick all units on the map and add Event - Picked Unit takes damage

2. Unit enters region <Playable Map Area>, add Event - Triggering Unit Takes damage

3. These events are added to 3rd trigger. Now make a dummy unit, set it's model to whatever you like (you can use none.mdl if you don;t want it to show). In 3rd trigger make some variables for triggering unit, it's location, damage, bla bla. Create Dummy unit, give him ability (unless it already has it), set the level of the ability, order it to Tauren Chieftain - Warstomp, add an effect if you want, remove leaks, and that's it.

I'll make you a map tomorrow and post it here, if you don't understand.

Level 10
Thanks for your answear, I shall try to solve this.

I thought of an easier way:

I add Disease cloud to the attacking unit, it attacks a target and a Dummy-unit is created at the target and it lasts 2 seconds.

I have this trigger:
  • Entangle Stomp Dummy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Entangle Caster Dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
It works fine. BUT, the attacking unit is actually a unit based on the Ancient of Lore and it only has this ability when rooted, but I need the ability to work when it is uprooted!

Is there any other abilities that creates units upon each attack?

Level 11
Hmm i never realized disease cloud created a dummy unit when the unit attacked. Btw a unit takes damage is a specific unit event. Maybe you can make another variation of disease cloud that spawns a different dummy unit.

Level 5
Thanks for your answear, I shall try to solve this.

I thought of an easier way:

I add Disease cloud to the attacking unit, it attacks a target and a Dummy-unit is created at the target and it lasts 2 seconds.

I have this trigger:
  • Entangle Stomp Dummy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Entangle Caster Dummy
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
It works fine. BUT, the attacking unit is actually a unit based on the Ancient of Lore and it only has this ability when rooted, but I need the ability to work when it is uprooted!

Is there any other abilities that creates units upon each attack?

Conditions and actions should not say "Triggering unit" but it should say "Entering Unit". Fix that and I think your trigger will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.