• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dummy or Special Effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Using SFX would be more efficient, why ?

As you create new units, more memory will be stored inside the game itself (unless you have recycling unit system, that's different)

Also, SFX can be cleared its leak, but unit ?
You can't delete dead/removed units
It stays in the memory of the game until the game ends

So, it is better to use SFX (in terms of efficiency.)

Level 29
I tested and even set the turn rate to 0.1 and use an arrow model "Abilities\Weapons\Banditmissile\Banditmissile.mdl" and "Abilities\Weapons\GuardTowerMissile\GuardTowerMissile.mdl" and use this...

JASS:
local unit u = CreateUnit(GetTriggerPlayer(), 'hpea', GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitFacing(GetTriggerUnit()))

well, the dummy arrow unit still faces the facing of the caster...

Level 26
I tested and even set the turn rate to 0.1 and use an arrow model "Abilities\Weapons\Banditmissile\Banditmissile.mdl" and "Abilities\Weapons\GuardTowerMissile\GuardTowerMissile.mdl" and use this...

JASS:
local unit u = CreateUnit(GetTriggerPlayer(), 'hpea', GetUnitX(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitY(GetTriggerUnit()), GetUnitFacing(GetTriggerUnit()))

well, the dummy arrow unit still faces the facing of the caster...
Now test this refering to dummy that already exists with 0.1 turn rate ^^. From what I've tested it's about 0.7 - 0.8 with such low value.

Level 33
Create New Unit + Facing Angle = works perfectly

Recycling Unit (that unit is used constantly on the map (it means that the unit already has its initial facing angle (it is first hidden, if you want to use it, unhide it (with its initial facing angle exist) and use it))) + Facing Angle = Delay

But I still think you can change the hidden unit's angle before you unhide it (but I still think you can see the delay, no?)

Status
Not open for further replies.