• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to teleport a unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi

I try make my new map and i need know how to create stage
exemple: Tomb of Jaracon have this system.
pls help me

Level 4
Explain more about they way these stages work; you force us otherwise to play the map :p

i'm working on Ragnarok map
ragnarok u need enter in some portal to teleport to another map, i'm trying make this system in my map

Level 11
I think you mean when someone enters a teleporter,they are teleported to a different area and their camera is set up to that area.Heres the function on how to lock the owner of entering unit's camera to the stage.
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to Stage 3 <gen>

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

I think he wants to know how to make another map load when you enter a portal, and how to transfer all of the hero data (if there is a hero) to that map.
If thats what you want, sorry I don't know how either =P

Level 17
If you want to do what yayoi suggested then you would have to use gamecaching but this is only usefull in single player. Otherwise you could try a save load system and before transporting give the players a code that will load there units in the next stage.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
It's not possible to move through maps in multiplayer unfortunately ;/
If you want to implement idea like Warcraft3 TFT orc additional camaign has (Rexxar one) you are forced to create signle-player map only and work with game-caches. You can see how blizzard is doing that in thier campaign, if you open given campaign from war3 folder.

Although, you can always divide your map into differend areas, use pathing blockers/terrain/cliffsv to prevent players from entering areas that they are not allowed to enter and use one of save/load systems to make game's appearance even greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.