• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a Gateway teleport...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, and now the question:

How to make a Way Gate teleport ONLY my units and none of the other player's?

I've seen this done in some custom games I've played on B.net and I'd like to know how to. Can some one write me up a trigger? thanks! and happy holidays. :wcool:\

sorry, I meant Way Gate, not Gateway. Blame my mistake on StarCraft.

Last edited:
Level 3
Well personally i would use triggers and regions to accomplish this and make the conditions only your units can be teleported.

thanks for repling LOS, apparently I couldn't find a way, trigger-wise to make that effect.

Did you try just making the way gate belong to you? If not try modifying the way gate ability so it only affects friends.

I'm going to try it your way Taur. I can't believe I didn't think of that! :wgrin:

result: Well I tried that and it didn't work. The enemy can still use the way gate even though it belongs to you.

Last edited:
Level 6
Create two rects(like rect 001/002).Put a gate way on rect 001 and one on rect 002. Than double click on a gate way and connect the the gate way on rect 001 with rect 002, and gate way on rect 002 with rect 001.

Than triger:
unit enters rect 001
Condition:
/
Action:
if/then/else/multiple actions

if entering unit belongs to an ennemy of player red(you are player red),move enterin unit instantly to rect 001,else do nothing.

Something like that should work.

simple as that :)

Level 5
That wouldn't work, because if the unit is an enemy it can still pass into the rect and thus use the gateway.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you move them... But wouldn't that cause an infinite loop? The unit would enter the rect forever and freeze >.<

Level 3
Create two rects(like rect 001/002).Put a gate way on rect 001 and one on rect 002. Than double click on a gate way and connect the the gate way on rect 001 with rect 002, and gate way on rect 002 with rect 001.

Than triger:
unit enters rect 001
Condition:
/
Action:
if/then/else/multiple actions

if entering unit belongs to an ennemy of player red(you are player red),move enterin unit instantly to rect 001,else do nothing.

Something like that should work.

simple as that :)
K, I'll try it out. I'll post the results in a sec.

That wouldn't work, because if the unit is an enemy it can still pass into the rect and thus use the gateway.

EDIT: Oh, I see, you move them... But wouldn't that cause an infinite loop? The unit would enter the rect forever and freeze >.<

duh? j/k. again, I'll post the results in a sec. Thanks for posting.

Yeah mby.should test it... or add a rect in font of rect 001 and move unit in to that rect.
hmm, brb..

Results: k, I need help with what condition I use to make it: "if entering unit belongs to an ennemy of player red(you are player red)"

here is what I got so far...

• waygate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Rec001 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • WHAT CONDITION DO I USE HERE?
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of Rec001 <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

Last edited:
Level 3
solved

k, I manage to solve your problem.
All I had to do was expand the region around the way gate. The regions in the map you provided was too small, which is why at times they could get thru. Finally! Thanks for all your help! :wthumbsup: and... Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.