• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how to save a animation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
ok i have a model and i use 3ds max7... with the DeX exporter... and when ive made an animation and export the model into mdl and then to mdx and want o see it in the wc3viewer the model havent any animation.. but why?? ..

i tried to add the animation i have named in the track - dope sheet (or however its called) and then made a note under objects like an tutorial have said... and then typed it in in the dex exporter to add the animation with this name.. but in the script it opens, stands this:

Anim "Stand" {
Interval { 0, 200 },
}
}

and when i open the model in wc3viewer i can choose "stand" but the model dowsnt do anything :S

maybe anyone of u could help me with that or can give me a short tut how to save a animation so that it will work :(

thx in advance

Level 6
Tr!KzZ said:
hmm realy? dont know this.. what version is ned good to make it? .. i have gmax.. maybe i can use this.. i will try it... hmm i saw 3ds max5 in the tut i read.. do u think this is better to making models fr wc3?? dont know this started new to make models..
You can use Blizzard Art Tools to create models very easy but you can use it only oin 3ds max 4 and 5. Also you can download Magos's "War3Model Editor" on the Tools section but it's very hard to use but usefull or use Gmax and download the gmax modelling pack also on the tools section wich includes: an importer only script for MDX, and the Dex exporter script. PS: to make animations in gmax you need to create bones, attach them to meshes and animate them. Only with bones the Dex exporter script will get your animations...Hope this helps ! :wink:

Level 6
You are using 3DS 7, so I assume you know how to use the programme properly. If you could get the Blizzard Art Tool to work, it might solve your problem. Another reason for it not to work is probably you are animating at frame 0. Frame 0 is used by the game to check the actual model position for attachment and other stuff, so it's best to start animating a few frame after, like frame 30 or something.
Hope this helps to solve your problem. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.