• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Im trying to animate my model and I have two problems.

1) The Stand animation won't work. I specified the animation like this...
"Stand/1300/1700" in the Dex exporter. So when my model stands its supposed to breath like shoulders moving up and down. But it doesn't move at all. The animation works in Gmax but not in the game.

2) The Walk animation is all weird and screwed up. Like that legs detach from the body as it walks. In the bones I Linked the Two thiegh bones to a dummy box. So maybe thats the problem?

This is the first model i attempted to animate. So maybe I just don't know something obvious that im just looking over.

Level 15
So Death and Decay. But I've seen by looking at a WC model in War3 Veiwer that the trapper has "Decay Flesh" and "Decay bones" How do you make the body sink below the ground revealing the bones and then dissapearing once below the ground. The "Decay bones" made the bones decay slowly too. I know Wc takes 90 seconds to remove a unit, but in the Veiwer the Trappers flesh was removed much quicker than that.

I guess what im trying to ask is how to make a key frame in the animation sequence that hides or deletes certain Geosets. When I try to delete the mesh when animating it wont let me record the delete as a keyframe. (using Gmax) Do I need Magos editor to do this?

Can I see all the possible Animations you can give a model too?
I know there's Walk,Death,Decay,Attack,and Stand

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You have to model the skeleton, and make it visible in the decay flesh animation, then move the corpse (minus the bones) under ground. Then in the decay bone animation, you move the bones under ground.

You can't delete and undelete geosets, you can make them visible and invisible using a visibility track in Max. I'm not sure about Gmax.

Status
Not open for further replies.