• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animating Custom Model PLease Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Ok hi ppl i just started at this whole modeling for wc3 thing. I have 3ds studio max 8, know it, can easily make a model, add bones and stuff like that. I made a simple box to try and import it, it worked, i figured out how to texture by editing the mdl file. Then i tried animating the model and it doesnt work. Im using the Dex script to export i added the animations "Stand", "Walk" and it doesnt work in the game. the model is there but it is not animated. Please Help.

Level 17
Max 8 is not supported, and the dex script was never finished as far as I know. No luck with that, sorry.
If you want to use 3ds you need version 4 or 5 with Blizzard's Art Tools. An alternative is to use the Oinkerwinkle's tools like many people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.