• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animations not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've been modeling a kit of wall parts as of late, and I've been working on my first animated model, which is a simple door. It only has 3 animations of Stand, Death and Decay, all of which don't work. I'm using 3DSM8, the Dex MDL exporter and War3FileConverter. These were a few of the ideas I thought might be the cause.

1. The Doorknob is linked to the door, I was hoping I could have a short animation before the door opens of the doorknob turning while still being connected to the door.

2. The animation of the door opening isn't the right type of animation, and I may need a converter? This one I don't completely go with but it might be the case.

3. The Dex exporter isn't exporting my meshes animations right in the first place, this would explain why all my animations are not comming in.

I'll enclose my MAX file and the door MDL, thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Door1.max
    177 KB · Views: 82
  • Door1.mdl.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 52

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I don't personally know Max8, I only have 5 and 7, but there are some common issues that cause this.

Do the objects that animate have float key controllers?

Are your dope sheet times set to the right keys?

Maybe make some screenshots from max for me so I can do my best to fix this.

And please attach the texture so I can take a look in Magos.

Level 6
Here we go

Heres the requested materials, hopefully this will help you out chriz. I enclosed a 3DS version and a screenshot of the exporter options setup along with the dopesheet screen. The texture is here too.

Attachments

• door1.3DS.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 48
  • WallOut.blp
    136.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot2.JPG
    Screenshot2.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 135

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Here you go, you just forgot to name the animations in a note track on the Dope Sheet.

I've taken the liberty of doing it for you, I've named the animations "Anim One" "Anim Two" etc. Please change the names to your liking (You should see the note keys in the dope sheet.)

I attached the mdx as well with animations working.

Attachments

• Door1.mdx
    45.3 KB · Views: 68
  • door1fixed.rar
    11 KB · Views: 48
Level 6
still can't get it working, do you have a tutorial I can see to figure this out for myself? I'm still getting no animations even when I add a note track and label everything carefully. maybe it's the converter i'm using? Are there any other converters that work as well as Dex's?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

But I managed to get it to work, right? So how is it that by copying what I've done, it doesn't work?

Put the file here again, maybe you did something wrong.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Can Max 8 even open Max 5 files?

Status
Not open for further replies.