• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to Reverse Howl of Terror?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKW

SKW

Level 3
It seems that no matter what I do, Howl is always a negative damage effect.

I'm trying to make a hero-version of roar, yet all I end up with is "Neuter self"

Which value do I have to switch to change to a positive buff?

Level 5
If you want howl of terror to be a positive buff, add in the color code for green to the buff. I'm not sure if you can "make" it positive, but this at least makes it look positive.

On the other hand, why not use Roar itself?

SKW

SKW

Level 3
I thought that reversing howl would be simpler than somehow turning roar into a hero ability.

Level 7
There is a world editor setting called "allow negative values in object editor", if that's checked you can put the damage reduction to -x% which makes it a damage increase.

Just hold down shit when selecting the damage reduction ability and write a negative number.

Shift not shit

SKW

SKW

Level 3
Maybe you should have told me that BEFORE I grabbed grabbed crap out of the toilet

On a actually sane note, where exactly is this magic button?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Holt shift while double clicking a field. It will open the field in a practically unbounded view. This allows you to set negative values in fields that are usually only positive. Do be aware that not all values are valid, some can cause the game to crash.

You could also just make roar an hero ability by toggling the appropriate fields. If it works as a hero ability without bugs is another question.

Last edited:
Level 12
Man, this thread is an auto-correct Knight-mare. Set ARMOR reduction to a negative number. Like Dr. Good said.

Afaik the default Howl of Terror only reduce damage?

Either way, guys you know he said that he wanted to use howl of terror because he thought that was easier than making roar into a hero ability, right?

Making it into a hero ability is by far much easier, there's two data fields with only two options each "true" or "false"

hero ability "true"/"false"
item ability "true"/"false"

Change the data field which says hero ability into "true" instead of "false" and voilà, you turned a unit ability into a hero ability.

You probably want to add some extra levels and things like that afterwards though. :xxd:

SKW

SKW

Level 3
*Headdesk*

Yeah. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking.

In any case, the spell works, but I was using WoW's Heroism icon for it. Which never has the borders.
This is gonna be a long day

Level 24
Keep in mind that when using Howl of Terror, this will also bug out when used together with the default ability... or any other ability based on Howl of Terror.

Also, Howl of Terror has a negative buff (hardcoded) which means that it will not be removed by a script that only removes positive buffs or an ability that only removes positive buffs.

Therefor, it is better to use Roar.

Status
Not open for further replies.