• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to remove "attack" ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i want to remove the normal attack ability and change it into an ability that if i cast, it will deal damage to enemies in front of him with attack animation.
Thx.
It should be nicer when you post the trigger for that ability.

Go to your unit, scroll to Combat - Attack 1 - Show UI and set it to false.
Then, create a new ability based off Howl of Terror with effects & buffs removed, data set to 0 and Targets Allowed tick nothing but "None". Create a dummy unit, add the "Shockwave" ability to it and make a trigger like this:
  • Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Attack (Alternative)
  • Actions
    • Animation - Play (Triggering unit)'s attack animation
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Point2 = (Point1 offset by 128.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)))
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point1 facing (Facing of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Point2
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 seconds generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point2)
Reference:
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/basic-triggering-5885/
[•] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/variables-5896/

Level 13
i think you can just change string in ability´s stats (top)
instead "spell" to "attack

if you DON´T want to display attack than set unit´s stats
Show UI = False

however he will be able to attack so you will have to make a dummy attack (for example,that he can attack air,hero)

Edit:

Last edited:
Level 13
That's bad.
I want to see the UI with the stats of the attack. How can I do that?
(Whats the ID of the attack spell)
if UI = True than you will see attack
you mean you want to make attack with another tooltips?

the ID of attack is 'Aatk' - it can be used as integer

than you have to make dummy ability and when unit is ordered to cast that dummy ability

-pause unit
-unapuse unit
-order unit to attack target unit of issued order

(pause and unpause unit can allow you to stop unit when he issued an order,instead the W3 can crash :D )

oh and i posted it wrong i said " if you set Show UI = false than you will see attack icon" instead
if you set Show UI = False - you will not see attack icon

Status
Not open for further replies.