• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Ability that gives damage based on an attack damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either record the damage and use a DDS hopefully looking_for_help's one or make a dummy of every hero/unit type and make them attack a 0 armor 100% values in armor type dummy and use a DDS or just use searing arrows. Recording damage for every unit/hero isn't as hard as it sounds especially with hashtables. It's almost impossible otherwise to find actual base damage unless of course you use that dummy to dummy method or track.

Level 24
Or use a DDS to make anything possible.
But none of the existing DDS have the possibility to give you the basic attack damage.

Once you see the benefits of DDS, you will NOT want to go back.
I have seen them... and never used a DDS since that moment because of how it works. Instead I built my own Alternative Damage-Engine.
It requires you to trigger some stuff more but you will have infinite possibilities for damage stuff.

or make a dummy of every hero/unit type and make them attack a 0 armor 100% values in armor type dummy and use a DDS
Making a dummy for each hero/unit type also don't work because you won't have all buffs, abilities, items that the actual unit has.

Also take in mind that basic attack damage is not a simple value.
It isn't even a minimun dmg and maximum dmg.
You have a base damage + slice'n'dice.

Searing arrows is the only option that I heard in here.

But none of the existing DDS have the possibility to give you the basic attack damage.

I have seen them... and never used a DDS since that moment because of how it works. Instead I built my own Alternative Damage-Engine.
It requires you to trigger some stuff more but you will have infinite possibilities for damage stuff.

Making a dummy for each hero/unit type also don't work because you won't have all buffs, abilities, items that the actual unit has.

Also take in mind that basic attack damage is not a simple value.
It isn't even a minimun dmg and maximum dmg.
You have a base damage + slice'n'dice.

Searing arrows is the only option that I heard in here.

A DDS is useful no matter what you say you know because it gives you control over combat either way. Yeah, add them yourself of course. . .

Actually it is quite the simple value, it's a range between min and max. Not base and slice and dice. I am actually working on a way for proper detection as well like you. :thumbs_up:

Though for now currently its either DDS or searing arrow for this guy.

Level 24
I tried to get the damage that a unit wanted to deal... it requires massive registration of units but then you can detect their damage.
I stopped working on that DDS because of how the WC3 Damage Engine works and I designed my own. I am required to deal the damage of spells through triggers but I never use the damage from the object editor anyway :D
For me it is double bonus.

Level 24
Meh the last 2 posts before yours... well just that last one of Dat-C3 and mine (after that one) are a bit of topic.
But as I said in my post before the last one of Dat-C3, Searing Arrows is the only one that is actually working... kind of. You might want to have a trigger to disable the auto-cast.

Level 11
Meh the last 2 posts before yours... well just that last one of Dat-C3 and mine (after that one) are a bit of topic.
But as I said in my post before the last one of Dat-C3, Searing Arrows is the only one that is actually working... kind of. You might want to have a trigger to disable the auto-cast.

The spell is based on spaming/very low cooltdown so its no problem if it has autocast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.