• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make an ability that damages enemy based on caster attack damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i want to ask, how to make an ability that will damage an enemy in area 150 based on caster attack damage, you know, attack damage that are in unit stats or basic attack damage, or maybe auto attack damage.
if you know please tell me, i really need it :D

Level 13
There isn't a perfect way to retrieve a unit's damage stat, and other solutions are severely flawed/limited. I think 1.29 might change this though.

The same problem exists for armor. You can however retrieve hero attributes, hit points, mana points, movement speed and various other things to do damage from if you wish.

Level 19
If it's an hero ability, I guess you can more or less calculate the attack damage based on their level + main stat + base dice damage + potential damage buffs from auras and items (that one would be pretty tough though), so yeah, no easy way out here :/

Status
Not open for further replies.