• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to Make unit Locust, what is the LOCUST??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
'Aloc' - is the id of Locust ability.

You can add that one via Object Editor, using units ability list feild (just add it from filter window).
Or via triggers:
  • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_unit, 'Aloc')
Via jass:
call UnitAddAbility(u, 'Aloc')

"udg_unit" or "u" determines unit, which locust ability should be added to.

Spinnaker said:
For completely locust removal you have to use additional actions, because if you want know know hide/remove/unhide only allows given unit to be attacked, but it still can not be targeted by spells.

Use those actions to make it properly:
  • Actions
    • Set u = (Triggering unit)
    • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
    • Unit - Hide u
    • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_u, 'Aloc')
    • Unit - Unhide u
    • Unit - Add Bear Form u
    • Unit - Order u to Night Elf - Druid of Claw: Bear Form
    • Unit - Remove Bear Form from u
You can use any tranformation ability, just set Normal unit to your unit (same type) and Alternative to something else.

Hero passive transformation can be usefull.

Level 30
Event would be anything you want, Begining of Spell, Map Initialization, Periodic Events,...
By the way, Locust ability prevents the unit from being clicked and selected and makes it invulnerable.

And it's Locust, not Locus.

You can add it in Object Editor, as an ability.

Level 4
Locust is normal ability, which you can add it to an unit in Object Editor - Unit (if you want your unit to have Locust in the beginning of the game).
(You can't find it in Object Editor - Ability.)

Level 30
Look, you had three different answers for three different questions you haven't even included that you want them, but people were still willing to do that and explain it for you, not to mention the complete and full explanation and answer for your topic question.

What else you want?
Oh, and those tricks do not work in here. You have to be polite instead of a beggar.

Level 13
Lembidi,i hope you read more tutorials,you always posting some things that really funny lol,i cannot say anything because i don't know how to say...
Locust is useful at using spell,it can make the dummy unselectable,invulnerable too...

Level 30
Okay. This is the last time I explain this to you, since we answered all your answers, and even more on top of that. Next question which triggers anything that we already explained to you will make me really angry, and maybe the moderator I will try to call with the report button.

"Locust" is an ability in World Editor, which can actually be found in the Undead Abilities. What it does is that it makes a unit Unselectable, Invulnerable and Magic Immune, as long as the unit has that ability. Those units can still be modified with the Triggers. Locust ability can be added via Object Editor, as a normal ability in the field, or via triggers.
  • Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(udg_unit, 'Aloc')
  • Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(udg_unit, 'Aloc')
Why is Locust useful? Well, it is used to "hide" dummy units that some spell use, or make it wear an aura and move it with a unit, effectively making that unit have the aura, but to not waste an icon slot.

Is everything understandable now?

Level 6
Lembidi,i hope you read more tutorials,you always posting some things that really funny lol,i cannot say anything because i don't know how to say...
Locust is useful at using spell,it can make the dummy unselectable,invulnerable too...

I have learned all things by my self, when I knowed just one site (worldEditTut). And still I don't find anything new to me, except custom scripts. Witch I don't use even for today ^^ (cose I hate reading books of text). So its easiest way is to ask. I know its wrong thing, cose some kind of other newbie may be created same thread... And you all still runing to help them only for (+rep) so it's isn't theyr fault, cose they dont look for tutorials or threads with same problem it's yours!!!

One more thing, Locust can't be added to unit in game time with triggers like "ADD ABILITY TO UNIT" cose Locust ability isn't simple ability witch could be find in ability list and edited. It's ability witch you couldn't add to unit in the game with triggers (maybe with custom scripts, or JASS...) So if he wants to add ability in game time its hard to him to find something by himself not asking us!

Level 26
One more thing, Locust can't be added to unit in game time with triggers like "ADD ABILITY TO UNIT" cose Locust ability isn't simple ability witch could be find in ability list and edited. It's ability witch you couldn't add to unit in the game with triggers (maybe with custom scripts, or JASS...) So if he wants to add ability in game time its hard to him to find something by himself not asking us!
Leave, blind man. Look at my post on previous page and on other responses (not to mention what Apheraz Lucent have just said) and make up your mind.
And you all still runing to help them only for (+rep) so it's isn't theyr fault, cose they dont look for tutorials or threads with same problem it's yours!!!
Fight music anyone?

Level 30
Crayons, stop writing your crap posts, for God's sake. You are spamming, and not to mention the Troll amount you brought in here, and it's against the rules, it's forbidden. Just... stop. Please.

On topic: I ask from moderators to put solve this thread, since we answered everything Lembidi asked for.

Level 37
People, calm down. No need to turn your frustration into calling people names. If you don't have anything to say related to the problem, you might have to think twice before posting anything at all.

Apheraz Lucent said:
I ask from moderators to put solve this thread, since we answered everything Lembidi asked for.

The thread starter has not signalled he has managed to solve the problem, so the thread will remain unsolved.

Level 9
Well forgive me Apheraz, but I just can't stop laughing at how unknowingly Lembidi trolled the smarter part of the Modding community.

[06-48-35] Pitakebab: Crayons, i mean it is answered. but he still doesnt get it
[06-50-30] Pitakebab: if someone doesnt even know what "locus" is, you shouldnt tell him how to use custom scripts to use it

yohoho.

To make it simple, in correct english. A locust unit is a unit that uses the ability: Locust. thus making the unit unselectable. The locust ability is found in game and does not need a custom script to be executed.

Kudos to the one who told him this first, but all this raging is tl;dr.

Someone end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.