• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make peon build hall next to gold mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

There's the minimum distance of hall and gold mine, trees and stuff that makes it hard to know available coordinates for hall :/

Also how could I save these coordinates for later use, I bet it causes some stress on CPU to calculate it again and again.

To better visualize my problem:
attachment.php

Attachments

• asdf.PNG
    asdf.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 162
Level 12
If are your gold mines are in a spot like that, just control 8 points one by one with 45 degree each and 400-600 whatever range from goldmine, the first point without a tree in 400 aoe is your building point.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Oh that's kind of simple... thanks :)

Level 15
a easy way to detect if its placable is to have a dummy builder build it. You would loop through the build coordinates and exitwhen it stats to build. You would have to detect it through a event.

or you could create your locations before game, if it is to run at initialization you could just place preset random locations and pick one.

Start Location 0
Start Location 1
Startloation 2

etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.