• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How To Make Item Recipes

Level 5
How To Make Item Recipes
In this tutorial I'm gonna go over the various possible recipe styles and how they are accomplished. If you've ever played DotA you'll note that there are 2 kinds of recipes: Manual Combine and Auto Combine. I'll cover both, and even a little extra.

A note on terminology: I will refer to Items that are a part of a recipe as "factors".

Another note: I have never looked at the DotA triggers, so I do not know if my methods are their methods.

Since DotA is such a well-known map, I figured that it would be a good idea to use their recipes as examples, since it is a stable platform that many can relate to.

Manual Combine Theory

The concept of a Manual Combine involves a Recipe Factor and any number of Ingredient Factors. For example, in making the Magic Sword you might have to have the Ingredients Sword and Magic Dust, as well as the Recipe Magic Sword.

Manual Combine is only used when the Recipe actually costs anything. You buy the Sword for 500g, the Magic Dust for 250g and the Magic Sword recipe for 250g, and they all fuse together to create the Magic Sword end result. In a case where the Recipe costs nothing, use Auto-Combine.

SangeRecipe.jpg
An example from DotA of a Manual Recipe, with the Factors. 2 Ingredients and the Recipe make the whole: Belt + Axe + Recipe = Sword.

Auto Combine Theory
The idea of Auto Combine uses any number of Ingredient Factors, but no Recipe Factor. As in DotA, it is best to have all Recipe Factors visible in a shop with a description of the ingredients so players can compile them, and this holds true for Auto-Combine recipes, except they should not be purchase-able since they are useless (in DotA they cost wood, which players never get).

Using the same example of the Magic Sword, if it were auto-combine, you need only collect the Factors (Sword and Magic Dust) and they would automatically fuse without a recipe. This means that there is no extra charge beyond the cost of the ingredients. An Auto-Combine item typically forms instantly whenever the Hero is carrying all of the ingredients. If you need to get a Recipe, even if it's free, it's technically not an auto-combiner.

PerseveranceRecipe.jpg
An example from DotA of an Automatic Recipe, with the Factors. 2 Ingredients combine without an actual Recipe Factor to make the whole. Ring + Pendant = Sphere.

Manual vs. Auto Combine
Combining items can be a serious issue of balance, but luckily there are so very many ways to tweak it. When you combine two or more items together into a single item that holds the same stats, you are essentially freeing up inventory space. This is quite an asset in any type of Hero-based map, such as AoS or RPG. It's up to you to put a price tag on how much the extra inventory space is worth, and make the Recipe Factor cost that much.

There are a number of cases where you don't want to add any extra cost on, such as if the Product Item actually has (somewhat) less stats than the Ingredient Factors put together, or has a different effect. Also, if the number of Ingredients is large (say, 3+) the toll-taking effect of carrying around that many partially-useful items in your inventory might balance it out. Lastly, if some of the Ingredients do nothing on their own (maybe like Magic Dust in our example) you would not add price for the extra inventory slots gained by freeing up the spots where the useless items were. You would only add cost for the bonus given by that item.

(In the example, let's say Sword gives +10 damage and Magic Dust gives nothing. But put together, Magic Sword gives +10 damage and a Poison attack. You don't add anything for the inventory slots "freed" by combo-ing in Magic Dust, simply set the price of the stuff to however much a Poison attack is worth.)

(Just to demo the other end of the spectrum, if Sword gives +10 damage and Magic Dust gives Poison attack, and Magic Sword gives +10 damage and Poison attack...then you make Magic Dust cost the price of Poison attack, and the Magic Sword Recipe cost X gold, where X is the price you determine it's worth to free up an inventory slot by combining the two items.)

Manual Combine Setup
To create a Manual Combine recipe, the items you need are the Ingredient Factors, (once again, Sword and Magic Dust) a Mask Recipe, a Scroll Recipe, (made up terms, use whatever you like) and finally the actual item.

You may have noticed in DotA that in the shops, all of the recipes look like their component items. Yet when they are purchased without the sufficient Factors, they look like Scrolls in your inventory. I call the shop recipe the "Mask" and the inventory recipe the "Scroll". They are actually identical in every respect, including cost, except that one has the icon of the end product item and the other one has a scroll icon.

SangeMask.jpg
An example from DotA of the "mask recipe", while in the shop. Looks like the Finished Item so that different recipes in the shop can be distinguished easily, and has a particular gold cost.

SangeScroll.jpg
An example from DotA of the "scroll recipe", while in an inventory. Has a Scroll Icon to prevent the carrier for mistaking it for the actual item, and has the same gold cost as the "mask recipe" so that it can be sold back properly, if the owner doesn't end up using it.

The simple way this is triggered is that when you buy the Mask Recipe from the shop, it is instantly replaced with the Scroll Recipe version. The Scroll Recipe version is what is handled and checked for and whatnot in all of your Recipe Triggers. Since the prices of the two are the same, you can sell back the Scroll Recipe just as you would have the Mask Recipe. This method adds more baggage, but is simply more aesthetically pleasing and not confusing, either. (If you make the recipe look just like a Scroll, it will be hard to instantly see what you want in the shop. If you make the recipe look like the item in your inventory, it can confuse you into thinking you have the item.)

Then, when all the ingredients are put together and the Recipe is activated, remove it all and put in the end product item. I did consider simply having the Recipe be the end product and removing it if you did not have all the ingredients, but I realized that the sell-back price of the item would be half of the cost of the Recipe Factor, without taking into account the cost of the Ingredient Factors. So this is the best method.

SangeFinished.jpg
An example from DotA of the End Product of the recipe. Note that the gold cost totals the cost of the entire recipe (give or take a tad) so that it can be sold back properly, and you are returned money for all of the ingredients.

Auto Combine Setup
Auto Combine setup is easier, you simply need the Mask Recipe since there's no Scroll Recipe to be had. When they get all the Ingredient Factors in their inventory, remove and add the End Product item, voila.

To make the Mask Recipe un-buyable, your best bet is to make it cost something the player doesn't have. The "cleanest" method is to make it cost (one) wood, but depending on your map that might not be feasible. Alternately, you could make it cost an impractical amount of gold, and if you wanted to be safe, set up a trigger so that whenever someone bought one of the Auto-Combine Mask Recipes, give 'em their money back and remove it.

PerseveranceMask.jpg
An example from DotA of the mask recipe of an Auto-Combine item, while in the shop. Looks like the Finished Item so that different recipes in the shop can be distinguished easily, and has no cost (they have special methods in DotA to do this, it actually costs lumber but the lumber icon has been toyed with).

PerseveranceFinished.jpg
An example from DotA of the End Product of an Auto-Combine recipe.

Manual Combine Triggers
Now we're getting to the meat of the matter. How do you actually do it? There are many specific methods and techniques and variations, all depending on what you really want. I'm not going to explore them all-that would take forever. Instead, I'm going to give you an example. This is one way a Manual Combine recipe could be done (and probably the way I would do it).

Mask2Scroll: Replacing the Mask Recipe with the Scroll Recipe.
  • GoP Mask2Scroll
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gloves of Power (Mask Recipe)
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
      • Hero - Create Recipe: Gloves of Power and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
Combine: Combining the items.
  • GoP Combine
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gloves of Haste
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Recipe: Gloves of Power
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3) Equal to True
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Gloves of Haste) Equal to True
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Recipe: Gloves of Power) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Ingredients = 3
      • Set RecipeFactor[1] = Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3
      • Set RecipeFactor[2] = Gloves of Haste
      • Set RecipeFactor[3] = Recipe: Gloves of Power
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to Ingredients, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set FactorCleared[(Integer A)] = False
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to Ingredients, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to RecipeFactor[(Integer B)]
                  • FactorCleared[(Integer B)] Equal to False
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))
                  • Set FactorCleared[(Integer B)] = True
                • Else - Actions
      • Hero - Create Gloves of Power and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
Here we have the Gloves of Power with the Ingredient Factors of Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3 & Gloves of Haste and a Recipe Factor.

You may note how I did a check for each type of item at the beginning of the trigger. It might be a good idea if you are going to do a lot of these to somehow assign them to array variables instead of checking each one specifically. There are several ways to do this, but that's a variation that's up to you.

Auto Combine Triggers
Auto-Combine in terms of triggers is almost identical to Manual Combine; Auto-Combine just doesn't need the Mask2Scroll trigger. Here is my example of an Auto-Combine trigger:

• RoIS Combine
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of Protection +2
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Ring of Regeneration
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Ring of Protection +2) Equal to True
      • ((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Ring of Regeneration) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Ingredients = 2
      • Set RecipeFactor[1] = Ring of Protection +2
      • Set RecipeFactor[2] = Ring of Regeneration
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to Ingredients, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set FactorCleared[(Integer A)] = False
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer B) from 1 to Ingredients, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to RecipeFactor[(Integer B)]
                  • FactorCleared[(Integer B)] Equal to False
                • Then - Actions
                  • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))
                  • Set FactorCleared[(Integer B)] = True
                • Else - Actions
      • Hero - Create Ring of Inner Strength and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
I reiterate that this is almost identical to the above Manual Combine trigger, it simply has one less ingredient though.

Now that we have a second trigger you can note some contrasts. I use the Ingredients integer variable and the RecipeFactor Item-Type Array variable to go along with For Loops and simply streamline the process and make it more efficient. You can take this to the next level as I mentioned earlier by saving all the data to variables in an Initialization trigger, and simply reading off those for everything, including the Trigger's Conditions.

In closing, I'd like to refer you to Diablo-dk's Recipe System that is here at Hive itself, in case you don't feel like triggering your own unique system.

Even if you use a premade system and don't design your own I hope you at least take away from this tutorial a good concept of the balance issues surrounding Item Recipes.

And for any of those that want to see the Demo Map I created for this tutorial, here it is: View attachment Item Recipes.w3x

toolbox describes the theory of item recipies very well but the triggers he shows are bugged and not effective in all situations. i would suggest using these two triggers:

• Combination
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Aquires an item
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item1) equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Item2) equal to True
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Recipe) equal to True
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item1)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Item2)
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe)
      • Hero - Create Weapon and give it to (Triggering unit)

this one by razorbrain can be used to automatically create an item when a unit picks up two items of a different type. with this trigger you must also have a recipie item, but if you remove the lines "((Triggering unit) has an item of type Recipe) equal to True" and "Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe)" it will do it when the unit automatically when the unit aquires the items.

and:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (If ((Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Claws of Attack +15) then do (Set ItemAmount = (ItemAmount + 1)) else do (Do nothing))
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemAmount Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Claws of Attack +15) from (Hero manipulating item)
          • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)
          • Hero - Drop (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Claws of Attack +15) from (Hero manipulating item)
          • Hero - Create Crown of Kings +5 and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ItemAmount = 0

this can be used to turn two items of the same type into another item (for example Claws of Attack +15 + Claws of Attack +15 = Crown of Kings +5). this happens automatically but by adding the condition and action mentioned above you can make it require a recipie item. for this you need the integer variable ItemAmount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
So far I have covered the theory of Recipes, I do plan on covering the triggers with my own set, given both as examples and in a map.

I may mention Diablo's recipe system as well, though.

Edit: Props to Wolverabid for showing me the ATTACH tag!

Bump: Triggers and map added. Would appreciate feedback or suggestions for more content. If there are none, this tutorial is done.

Level 11
Perfect! ;) Good job!

Only one thing:
In closing, I'd like to refer you to Diablo-dk's Recipe System ... in case you don't feel like doing your own recipes.
This may be confusing.. You CAN make your own recipes with that system. Perhaps, you should put a "trigger" or "system" word after "your own recipes".
-> "in case you don't feel like doing your own recipe triggers".

Level 5
@ Paskovich, Thanks! :) I fixed the wording in regards to Diablo-dk's system.

@ FatalWrath, People don't want their recipes to be combined automatically? I went over both Manual Combine and Auto-Combine. Are you referring to something I'm going to dub Ability-Combine, such as having all the ingredients and then using an ability to fuse them? If you think it's really that important I may insert a how-to in that department, but it would be good if you could be more specific as to what you mean.

Level 12
maybe just like this?

• Combination
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Level 21
Great that enough simple, but i am thinking one thing of those trigger
how to make recipe like:
first item: fire
second item: fire
item that comes when two of those are merged: Super fire
but when i tried that it made stupid thingy when i got one fire it cam to super fire. How i make it to require two fires?

famouspker had this problem yesterday so i made this for him:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (If ((Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Claws of Attack +15) then do (Set ItemAmount[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (ItemAmount[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (String(ItemAmount[1]))
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemAmount[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ItemAmount[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = 0
it uses claws of attack +15 and makes crown of kings +5 when you aquire two of them. it uses the variable ItemAmount which will need to be an array for each item and you will need ItemAmount1 and ItemAmount2 ect for all your players. i came up with this off the top of my head in about 5 minutes, so there may be a better solution but this still works.

Level 2
Oh man whats with all those commands it will take forever to make a map with many items if you make it that hard to combine the items ' I made them in a easier way and it works just fine :
GoP Combine

Events

Unit - A unit Acquires an item

Conditions

(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Gloves of Haste
(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Recipe: Gloves of Power
Actions
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3) Equal to True
((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Gloves of Haste) Equal to True
((Hero manipulating item) has an item of type Recipe: Gloves of Power) Equal to True
Then - Actions
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Gauntlets of Ogre Strength +3 >>........ you do the same thing 4 the recipe and any other items / or if you dont got a recipe simply don't add it at all , both in the conditions and events <<
Hero - Create Gloves of Power >> the real item that works not the recipe << and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
>> then if you wish add a sound ( example : Sound Play Tomes like in DotA and a special effect like a Lightning Bolt of the Level Up SFX to make it like DotA )

The items combine just as well like TOOLBOX made them but i think that his way will take longer BTW i astually made my item combinations 4 my map like this :

Sword of Sargeras
Events
Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 3 (Teal) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 5 (Yellow) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 6 (Orange) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 8 (Pink) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 9 (Gray) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 10 (Light Blue) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 11 (Dark Green) Acquires an item
Unit - A unit owned by Player 12 (Brown) Acquires an item
Conditions
((Triggering unit) has an item of type Buriza) Equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type HyperStone) Equal to True
((Triggering unit) has an item of type |cff8b00ffSword of Sargeras|r|n) Equal to True
Actions
Set Manipulate[1] = (Hero manipulating item)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Buriza)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type HyperStone)
Item - Remove (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type |cff8b00ffSword of Sargeras|r|n)
Hero - Create |cff8b00ffSword of Sargeras|r|n and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
Sound - Play Tomes <gen>
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of Manipulate[0] using Abilities\Spells\Other\Levelup\LevelupCaster.mdl
Wait 1.77 seconds
Sound - Stop Tomes <gen> Immediately

And btw i cant seem to make it have 2 items at the same time like the Eye of Skadi in DotA . As soon as i aquire 1 Ultimate Orb i can simply but the recipe and it will combine ( even tough i only have 1 Ultimate Orb ) . Pls hlp if you can .

Last edited:
Level 21
after thinking breifley about the trigger i posted earlier i figured a much shorter way of doing it because of how the variable used is temporary and regularly re-written it wouldnt matter if it was an array. remember this is used for combining two items of the same type:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (If ((Item-type of (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) in slot (Integer A))) Equal to Claws of Attack +15) then do (Set ItemAmount = (ItemAmount + 1)) else do (Do nothing))
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemAmount Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ItemAmount = 0
this used in combination with razorbrains trigger is the best and simplest recipie system imo.

Level 21
can i suggest that the trigger that is written on the first page is reviewed and updated because as has been stated several times in this thread there are some flaws with the trigger on the first page and solutions have been provided by myself, razorbrain and others.

Level 8
Agree.

And the bugs that appear (including mine) should be fixed. I believe there are users on the hive which could get enlighted and solve it.

EDIT: Now I don't get it. I tested the map Item recipies and if I drop the gloves and repick it, it is not replaced with recipi. While testing my map and dropping and repicking the combined item it is replaced. I copied the trigger and I didn't change anything but items. Variables are the same too.

So what the???

Is there anything else but those 2 triggers? I don't see another reason. Toolbox had to add something more then just this 2 triggers. It makes sence that gloves of power are replaced after repicking them from the ground because of the first trigger (which is exactly what happens in my map but in his map it doesn't...???).

Last edited:
Level 21
and how can i do that the hero can have only one type of this item e.g. hero buys 2 claws of attack than comes massages u cant have 2 same items and removes one of them

this has already been discussed and i have provided a solution for this on the previous pages. also to hvo-busterkomo the trigger on the first page is buggy and better solutions have already been provided on the second and third pages, use them if u can. the first post should be fixed tbh.

Level 21
toolbox describes the theory of item recipies very well but the triggers he shows are bugged and not effective in all situations. i would suggest using these two triggers:

• Combination
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

this one by razorbrain can be used to automatically create an item when a unit picks up two items of a different type. with this trigger you must also have a recipie item, but if you remove the lines "((Triggering unit) has an item of type Recipe) equal to True" and "Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Recipe)" it will do it when the unit automatically when the unit aquires the items.

and:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • ItemAmount Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Set ItemAmount = 0

this can be used to turn two items of the same type into another item (for example Claws of Attack +15 + Claws of Attack +15 = Crown of Kings +5). this happens automatically but by adding the condition and action mentioned above you can make it require a recipie item. for this you need the integer variable ItemAmount.

[Edit by Wolve] ~ Tutorial edited and (re)approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't find his way very good.. it's really confusing, this is the easiest way Iv'e seen for an "AUTO-COMBINE!!!" recipe

Events
Unit - A unit Acquires an item
Conditions
Actions
If(All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
((Hero Manipulating item) has an item of type Boots of Speed) Equal to True
((Hero Manipulating item) has an item of type Slippers of Agility +3 Equal to True
Then - Actions
Item - Remove (item carried by (hero manipulating item) of type Boots of Speed)
Item - Remove (item carried by (hero manipulating item) of type Slippers of Agility +3)
Item - Create Boots of Quel'Thalas +6 at (position of (hero manipulating item))
Hero - Give (Last created item) to (hero manipulating item)
Else - Actions
Do Nothing

That can be shaped and molded into more than just 2 items in a recipe, i used it for 5 items into 1, and it works great, if you want to make it take longer or something like that so it doesn't go into your inventory instantly, you're going to have to make another trigger, those trigger's aren't hard though, i started playing with triggers yesterday and i can already do quite a bit.

Level 2
I will gonna try this one one thing can you make there i can found condition the place becouse its fuuck off then you neeead search for 2 minutes one stupid shit

Level 11
Use this

Hey,use this,it works,i'm using it :)
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • ItemAmount Equal to 2
  • Then - Actions
  • Else - Actions
  • Set ItemAmount = 0
And this it works 100%,I'm using it too.
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions

Level 2
Guys pls tell me how to do this :
Hero - Create Recipe: Gloves of Power and give it to (Hero manipulating item)
So the trigger goes in Create Action -> Hero -> Create item for hero -> and to pick the item which in this case it's recipe. And there is no option recipe there . If it's variable pls tell me how to do it . Pls PM me asap ! Some1 answer me by message pls

!peace

Level 12
or maybe i could just tell you in the thread right here?

the Recipe: Gloves of Power is either a custom item or an item with that as a name. Its not an original Wc3 item :p

ex:

Original wc3 Item : Gauntlets of Strength +3

now, i can go into the Object Editor, and go to the items section

now, i can select Gauntlets of Strength +3 and rename them to whatever i want, like Recipe: Gloves of Power, if i wish, or Razorbrains Ultimate Gauntlets of Strength

Level 2
umm, ok who cares wether gloves of power is original or not original recipe ?! Just answer my question some1 ok? I will rate ;)

Level 12
hey guys, thx for your tutorials, but i couldnt find one of type:
2x Item of type A
+Recipe = other item,
which means that u need a recipe and two similar items. therefore i modified the triggers, maybe someone could find a use for this:
example from my developing map CRA:
2x Grunt Axe + Gauntlets of Strength + Double-edged Axe (Recipe) = Double-edged Axe

Attachments

• aaa tutorial recipes.JPG
    aaa tutorial recipes.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Level 12
hey guys, thx for your tutorials, but i couldnt find one of type:
2x Item of type A
+Recipe = other item,
which means that u need a recipe and two similar items. therefore i modified the triggers, maybe someone could find a use for this:
example from my developing map CRA:
2x Grunt Axe + Gauntlets of Strength + Double-edged Axe (Recipe) = Double-edged Axe
we actually did one of those :p