• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how to make abomination dont make attack animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You're not correct The_blood, the animation is a separate thing from damage point of each unit in Object Editor... You can have a model of unit for example as a building that has no attack animation and the point at which they shoot out and damage its target is not affected by its animation (Undead's main structure doesn't have attack animation for example and yet still can damage units with its ranged attack)

I don't have WE opened up but I hope you will understand...

EVENT
- unit is attacked
CONDITION
- unit type of (attacking unit) equals to *whatever unit you want*
ACTION
- Animation - play unit's "stand" animation
- Animation - queue unit's "stand" animation

You can use whatever animation the unit has in the first function (I just put there "stand" string as you requested :D)
The Queue function is necessary to be right after any animation you order the unit to do because without it the unit makes the first commanded animation and will stay there frozen and without a move until you order it in-game to do anything else
- Since Abomination model has animation of eating something you can make it that when Abomination-modeled unit attacks it uses that animation, its string is called "channel" IIRC and it's cool but it's a bit off your request, I was just enlightening you to using different animation of units, pardon me... ;(
- And of course this whole "unit attacks - plays its animation" runs the moment you start to attack not the moment of making damage, it's just an animation you see (to make things better and fit you should always check unit's point of damage animation rate or whatever it is called in Object Editor)

I hope it helped... Ask away

Status
Not open for further replies.