• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How can I stop a unit from attacking via triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to script a unit to enable/disable attack at certain intervals.
I also want to manipulate that unit's animation while it's not attacking
How can I disable this attack?
Thanks

PS: What I actually want to do is have an Abomination always perform an attack right after the normal attack. The first attack is a regular attack, but 1 second after, he performs a scripted attack on the ground (that could be dodged by moving away from there) that forces him into an animation (which has teaked speeds - slower build up and faster release), locks him in place and other things, but I'm interested in how to lock him in place so that he doesn't rotate toward a target.

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
You can disable attack by adding the cargo hold (orc burrow) ability or using silence/drunken haze with disable attacks checked on the unit.
That orc burrow thing is better, because it cannot be dispelled. It works, because orc burrows can only attack while peons are loaded inside and because your unit has no load ability there is no way to load peons into them.

You can disable attack by adding the cargo hold (orc burrow) ability or using silence/drunken haze with disable attacks checked on the unit.
That orc burrow thing is better, because it cannot be dispelled. It works, because orc burrows can only attack while peons are loaded inside and because your unit has no load ability there is no way to load peons into them.
thanks, cargo hold worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.