• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to disable Auto-Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Can I disable auto-attack somehow?
I have an enemy unit standing near my hero, the hero automatically attacks. But I want him not to attack that unit unless I order him to do so.

If there is a way to disable auto-attack for whole map, it will be okay too.

Level 18
How about

• Events
    • A unit is issued an order targeting a unit
  • Conditions
    • Issued order equal to Attack
  • Actions
    • Order (Triggering Unit) to Attack-Once (Targeted Unit)
That got to fix it. Maybe it will still continue because the unit is in range. Then you have to set the range of from how far a unit notices another unit to attack.

Level 1
Is there any other way besides pausing the hero?

I am making a small system where 2 players control 5 characters.

When one character is selected the others should be completely action-less (not move, not attack, not do anything - just stand there).

The problem with PAUSING the characters is that it also pauses their buffs, cooldowns etc.

I have tried using a peon-type classification, but it doesn't do anything.

I have also tried using a sapper classification, but that also doesn't do anything.

Lowering the acquisition range does work (sorta) but then the caster units go all the way near the unit they are attacking.

Also, using a Drunken Haze spell is a dirty way to do it.

So, if anyone has a bit cleaner system, I would love to hear your thoughts.

P.S. Sorry for high-jacking the thread, but I think its the same thing.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.