• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a persistent laser beam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
In some spells like Finger of Death, they use a red thunder-beam thing, a lightning effect. I was wondering if i could make a such beam with triggers? Like a region, if an enemy enters the region. Then a red ligtning would strike out and kill them. Is that possible?

Last edited:
Level 8
1. Learn how to write a good Question so anyone can understand what you want and also give Hints what could help us to help you.
Your Question is unacceptable!
i would give -rep for this post if i could!

2. Maybe that is a custom spell that the guy made for his own cinematic. You could give us the Map where you saw that cinematic.

Level 8
I'll edit so you better can understand.

Much better now.

Now i can answer your question:

Yes it is possible :)

I added an example map.

PS:Thats only a simple example so dont attack me for bad triggering, it was made in 3 minutes.
You can play with any other spell/ability/missile, thats just for showing off how to do it in the simple way.

Attachments

• Ex4mpl3M4P.w3m
    10.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Level 35
OMG, no one has given the answer! If you base the ability off of Finger of Death, there is an option in Data called Graphic Duration. Increase this to what you want. That's it. No unnecessary triggers. Good luck!

BTW, basing an ability off of Lightning Strike allows you to do the same. And I should mention that you need to create a dummy unit which can attack the unit in particular. Make sure the dummy unit can't be seen, and make a trigger so that when a unit is attacked by the dummy, it dies. Good luck!

Last edited:
Level 12
OMG, no one has given the answer! If you base the ability off of Finger of Death, there is an option in Data called Graphic Duration. Increase this to what you want. That's it. No unnecessary triggers. Good luck!

BTW, basing an ability off of Lightning Strike allows you to do the same. And I should mention that you need to create a dummy unit which can attack the unit in particular. Make sure the dummy unit can't be seen, and make a trigger so that when a unit is attacked by the dummy, it dies. Good luck!

... Everyone has given the awnser, even using finger of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.