• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] How to make a multilanguage map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi everyone n.n

I'm currently working on several maps and i want to be able to play with the english version on the host, and the spanish version on some client, just like DotA

Somebody knows how to make it?
PD: Make a duplicate of each item and unit, and additional levels for the language change on the abilities is not an option

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
GUI triggers generate a massive trigger text file. In theory this file should be able to be localized. How localization works in WC3 I am unsure of but it might be at a MPQ level where you specify multiple different files at the same path with different locale attributes.

On another forum, someone (Ayane) may have found a solution for this.
I don't know if it is allowed to share link to other forums but here's what he said.

• Open your map with WinMPQ and extract war3map.wts;
• Translate everything in your desired language.

You need to specify the original file as the default language used if the player doesn't match any translated langage. To do so, right-click on the original file and "Change local id". Set it to 0.
Now back to your translated file.
Add it to your archive, and set the local id to the matching language.

Here's a list he found :
(It's in french, sorry)

Anglais (US) = 1033
Anglais (UK) = 2057
Français= 1036
Allemand = 1031
Espagnol = 1034
Italien = 1040
Tchèque = 1029
Russe = 1046
Pologne = 1045
Portugais (Brazilian) = 1046
Portugais (Portugal) = 2070
Turque = 1055
Japon = 1041
Korée = 1042
Chinois (Traditionnel) = 1028
Chinois (Simplifié) = 2052
Thaïlande = 1054

And delete the (attributes) file.

To test the translation you can change the LANGID field in the config.txt file inside your war3.mpq.

All credits to Ayane.
Here's the original thread: Worldedit : Voir le sujet - Internationnalisez vos cartes (multi-langues)
(Again, if linking to another forum is forbidden, please tell me I'll remove that link.)

More than that, I don't know.

GUI triggers generate a massive trigger text file. In theory this file should be able to be localized. How localization works in WC3 I am unsure of but it might be at a MPQ level where you specify multiple different files at the same path with different locale attributes.

Looks like you were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.