• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a HUGE map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How can I make a huge map bigger than the usual 250x250 but without making the map rediculously big in file size?

I tried world editer unlimted but when ever I creat a map with it it always ends up something like 3 mg thats unedited; before I add and units or anything to it, dosnt seem right when an unedited 250x250 is only like 5kb at the most when made with the normal editor.

Is it posible to get a large map without making it a beast to download?

Level 18
i think there's some way to create a bigger map than 250x250 at least with one of the custom tools like WEU or NewGen.. But I haven't tested it.. try to search for some tutorials about that..

another way would be to decrease the size of the stuff inside the map. I mean, that you just reduce the size of doodads, units, etc. so make all tiny and zoom the cam in to have a "normal" gameview like before.. so you can save a lot of space, and place way more stuff, also you can work a bit faster, because of the tiny stuff there's no need of a lot of details, because it's too small to see it on some parts =)

Level 7
Sorry turns out I was just being realy stupid, if you save the WEU map with the normal world editer it returns to its usual file size, I'm not going for a 400x400 that would just be hell to terrain , I just needed something abit bigger so gone with 288x288, just got it from 3mb down to 52kb!

I won't be using any of the trigger options in WEU so I hopefuly wont have any of the isses with them leaking, tho my own triggers are leaky enuf alredy.

Status
Not open for further replies.