• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to kill Hero Glow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi, I want to take out the Hero glow for ALL hero models on my map but the problem is I cant afford to take out every glow model for every hero, thats just too many imports...

So then I got the idea of editing the Hero Glow Textures so they wouldnt show up, so I extracted the ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow00.blp, filled it in black, put it back in my map with the above file path and it made no difference at all!

I would have thought this would have replaced the hero glow for player red, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Level 7
Why cant we take of the alpha layer in the Hero Glow texture? I thought alpha textures were transparent anyway?

Another idea what about team Colour?

If you set a unit to show as Player Neutral in the object editor the Hero Glow practialy disapears, but then of course the team colour on your model will show black, but if we extract the team colour geoset from the unit model then place it ingame via attachments it would still use the defalut player owner colour whilst the hero glow would be invisible. Would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.