• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

To remove team glow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Is it possible to remove team glow by importing fadefilter teamglow and oweriting original team glow. I tried to owerite ReplaceableTextures\TeamGlow\TeamGlow00.blp but it didnt workd. Do i have to owerite all glows or ? I'm trying to remove team glow by owereting team glow. (Dont want glow on heroes).

Level 18
why don't you remove it in the mesh then? it's way easier than creating some stuff that overfills the old glow with nothing..

just use some programms like model editor or vertex modifier, choose the right mesh that stands for the team glow and remove it, save the model and you're done..

Level 18
lolz xD use Wc3Viewer -> Open MPQ -> choose one of the files (one is roc the other tft) --> choose your model in the window that pops up --> export it/save it somewhere

get some model editor --> open model --> disable the display of the meshs and test which one stands for the teamglow --> found it? then simply remove it --> save the model

done! :)

Level 11
No, lol, i ment to say, i dont know the name of model, i when i type "glow" i find glow1_red.mdx , and other are textures.

I just dont want for heroes to glow xD, shinny heroes :D . I tried to change textures, and with that model, but i'm doing somtn wrong, never done anything with glow before so... can someone just tell me what is name of model, and textures(i might want to change textures also) for teamglow and teamcolors.

Level 18
uhm, there's no glow model that is attached to the heroes.. lolz
Each Hero has an mesh that shows this glow.. no model..
Just edit the unit you want to remove the glow, i can only repeat myself, open the model, and edit it, search the MESH that is responsible for the hero glow.. it is NO model for the glow.. so you have to remove it from EACH unit, not only this model.. =)

Level 11
Well... if i have 50 heroes i have to import all 50 of them.
But otherwise, i have to import only few textures for all heroes coz all of them uses same textures for their glow and teamcolor, so do you know how can i change color of glow and teamcolor ? :) Coz i tried and it doesnt work, so or its unable, or i'm doing somtn wrong.

Level 18
hmm if there's a texture for teamglow for all units (maybe, maybe not, cause most units have other glow positons, blademaster's sword is glowing too)

however, just use a alpha channel on it, open photoshop for example, where you can watch the chanels, and then just add a new channel, it's named Alpha 1 or something like that.. now erase and edit it like you want it to.. black = invisible // white = visible (if you turn of the view of other channels, if not, all parts, that are red are invisible)
So just create an alpha channel, I think it automatically makes everything invisible, so save it, convert it back to blp (was jpg or tga before, to edit it) and then import it back into the map, change paths to original ones.. and it should work..

Level 11
I know how to make, edit, change models, i know how to make, edit, change textures...

I DONT KNOW PATH (OR NAME) OF TEXTURES THAT IS USED FOR TEAMGLOW. haha xD, I'we been asking this from beginning. But nvm, i will figure something up :D . In two months if i wont figure this out i will ask on this forum again. Dont have time lately :) . tnx anyway for being so helpful person, i rep will you, if someone removes teamglow or changes it let me know, replay here.

Status
Not open for further replies.