• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to import spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Where can can find detailed instructions on how to import spells? or at least instructions that make referance to the actual menu structure of the map editor.

Level 11
Read the faq... And for now, I'll tell you since... Let's say you are new. but don't let this repeat. So, you will need to import the spell itself (copy-paste it), copy-paste all dummy units used by the spell, other additional spells and most important, triggers/JASS triggers used for the spell. Eventually items might appear for the spell so if you must, add those items to your map as well.

~Daelin

Level 1
Daelin said:
Read the faq... And for now, I'll tell you since... Let's say you are new. but don't let this repeat. So, you will need to import the spell itself (copy-paste it), copy-paste all dummy units used by the spell, other additional spells and most important, triggers/JASS triggers used for the spell. Eventually items might appear for the spell so if you must, add those items to your map as well.

~Daelin

My intent was to strongly imply that the FAQ is pointless unless you already have a basic knowledge of how to add spells. Effectively reducing the FAQ to a stroke post for what ever dyslexic jack ass wrote it.

Level 11
Umm... I think that "Jackass" is a moderator called The_Raven. You are in no position to insult moderators here. If my last post didn't clear things up... There's no hope for you. What don't you get?

Copy-paste the ability itself, the triggers used for that ability, the dummy units used for that ability and the abilities those dummy units possess. What's so difficult?

~Daelin

Level 1
Man... I feel your pain. I have not a clue.... the slightest clue in the world on what to do! How the **** are you supposed to find the dummy units? and where are you supposed to copy the thing from?

Level 2
I can't figure out how to import spells either. I've read the tutorial at least half a dozen times and I have no idea how to import spells from websites like this.

Level 4
OK first open your object editor. I hope to God you know what that is. Click on the units tab, and go to the bottom where you'll find a heading entitled "custom units". Copy any units that have a name related to the spell by selecting them and pressing ctrl-c, but you can only copy one unit at a time. Paste all your units in the map you want by pressing ctrl-v. Then go back to the object editor and click on the abilities tab, and do the same for any abilities with related names or icons that you did with the units. Do the same with the buffs section, then head over to the trigegr editor. Copy-paste any triggers with related names that you think are related to the spell (usually they are in one catagory).
If you cant understand that then quit wc editing right now. Also if you cant understand the FAQ i think YOU are the dislexic one, not the one who wrote it.

Level 9
Lol! I don't know how I missed this post for 3 days. Needless to say kideternity gets a warning.

By the way, if anyone can write a better tutorial for importing spells, I'd be glad to add it to the FAQ (giving full credit of course).

~The_Raven

Level 9
The_Raven said:
Lol! I don't know how I missed this post for 3 days. Needless to say kideternity gets a warning.

By the way, if anyone can write a better tutorial for importing spells, I'd be glad to add it to the FAQ (giving full credit of course).

~The_Raven

Punishment System
This site follows a very strict punishment system. There are no exceptions to the rules, so make sure you follow them very carefully. This sytem applies to all rules, unless specified otherwise.
First violation of the rules result in a warning PM (Private Message).
Second violation of the rules result in a week long ban.
Third and last violation of the rules will result in a permanent ban. There will be no returning from a permanent ban.

Pls dont announce the name of the citizen of this site if he is warned coz we are governed by rules.

Level 9
For the bad language certainly it cannot be justified. I was just reflecting on your words. When you say it is needless to say you dont say it unless it is your intention (may it be by accident or not) to hit someone. Perhaps it would be better to delete this post or any posts w/c resembled cases like this rather than to display them to the readers that can cause inbalances to their reasons & feelings. That is why they cannot find the correct words to explain themselves instead theyll just say F***, D*** etc. whatever those foul words & their meanings are. It is best that you bring the person to the answer he seek because we can know & judge w/n ourselves if that person is just making foolishness. How many of those who are warned & banned for the first time have returned in this site? (w/ exception to the veterans of course). Someone should make a survey concerning this. Until none is left & everyone is banned then who else can be warned & banned. We should not take shelter to the comfort that everyday new members are coming in and it will keep the site alive. Things are not always as they are if you must know. This my friend is not a BOMB that will explode you to outrage beyond restrain but simply I my humble opinion concerning the matter to my superior The Raven.
-----
harper

Status
Not open for further replies.